Maritime?

just looking round at the alternatives should the steel work come to an end.
the jobs very much up in the air at the minute, all haulage contracts are officially at an end the last day of december, the plan apparently was not to renew any contracts with the various firms doing the work at the moment but to bring in TDG to act as a core operator who would then dish out the work as a sort of go between so that corus were in effect only dealing with one firm for their haulage, but it seems this has been put off for the time being and left all concerned not knowing whats going to happen. the thing is once out of contract they’re not obliged to find work for the firm i sub off and obviously if things go quiet it’ll me and the other subbies who get parked up first, be a shame because it’s been bloody good work for the last ten months, on the other hand it might all pan out and i’ll carry on for the next couple of years.
i could actually buy a flatbed and keep myself busy on sleepers but the rates aren’t fantastic and it’d be going back to not knowing what i’m going to earn week to week which i had with the hiab work which i don’t really fancy.