Checking a licence through GOV.UK

Have just come up to our 3 monthly driving licence check of our drivers. Three months ago, i got the drivers permission to check their licence online and job done quickly using licence number, NI Number and post code. Today, we have a new hurdle to jump, namely ‘Verify’, whereby a driver needs to gain a ‘Check Code’ by going online and joining ‘Verify’. I’ve tried to join this scheme myself, but signal down on my mobile so can’t see my computer generated ‘Code’ for completing my application. Why is life so difficult.

I’ve just logged into my licence details without any verification, as far as I’m aware you’ve always needed a code to view someone else’s licence details on-line.

From what you’ve said it looks like the last time you just entered their details as if it was the drivers themselves checking their own licence details rather than you checking someone else’s licence details, it sounds like this time you’ve clicked on the link to check someone else’s details, in which case you will need a code.

Obviously to use their details to view their licence details you need their permission.

I’ve mentioned this on some of the other posts but we save a lot of time with that one by just adding our drivers on licencemanager.co.uk/ it just automates the checking of the licences every 2 weeks/ 3 months or however long you need :slight_smile:

Weird just as saves a lot of time, with smaller companies it may be different but we have a good few drivers.

@ jamesWhite542

Out of your 5 posts on this board you’ve posted a link to that company in 4 of them.

Are you in some way associated with the company ?

No weirdly I just came back to check the other one based off my email, I’ll stop mentioning them sorry. :frowning:

I did mention that I’d already mentioned them in other posts - was just trying to help

jamesWhite542:
No weirdly I just came back to check the other one based off my email, I’ll stop mentioning them sorry. :frowning:

I did mention that I’d already mentioned them in other posts - was just trying to help

I’m not doubting you mate, it’s just that it looks a bit suspicious when someone joins the forum then keeps posting a link to the same site, that’s why I asked the question :wink:

Good point haha, sorry dude :slight_smile: