GOATY TRUCKING LIMITED
Director(s): PAUL GODBY
1 SOUTH LODGE, KIRTON ROAD, BUCKLESHAM, IPSWICH, IP10 0BT

Trucky Mc truckface:
OF1086719 SI Licence surrendered WEF 18 September 2017
GOATY TRUCKING LIMITED
Director(s): PAUL GODBY
1 SOUTH LODGE, KIRTON ROAD, BUCKLESHAM, IPSWICH, IP10 0BT

I find this a bit distasteful ,what’s your reason for doing this ? Goaty posted his intentions on here a while back ,this is like your having a ■■■■ take .

Not at all. Paul is a well respected man in the Felixstowe area. I have not seen anything about him packing in until i was told today. When i looked on n&p@s today and saw it is the first i knew. So please do not jump to conclusions Dan.

I don’t see the need to post on here that a member has surrender his licence that’s all .

Especially since it’s now been put out on Twitter as a result of this thread - the bot picked it up. :neutral_face:

I surrendered my O licence this year and I had the coolest O licence number ever- OK1110000. :stuck_out_tongue:

Punchy Dan:
I don’t see the need to post on here that a member has surrender his licence that’s all .

+1

Punchy Dan:

Agreed Dan; I’m at a loss to see what this post seeks to achieve, or even any reason for it. :confused:

Own Account Driver:

Punchy Dan:

+1

+2

Toddy2:

Own Account Driver:

Punchy Dan:

+1

+2

+3 but if you really felt the need to why post the address as well? bit out of order that bit IMO.

+4 Think you bang out of order, the poor bloke has had some bad luck with his health,
Show some respect

dieseldave:

Punchy Dan:

Agreed Dan; I’m at a loss to see what this post seeks to achieve, or even any reason for it. :confused:

Well, you’re a forum manager so why don’t you delete it then?

Maybe the OP was a bit insensitive the way he posted about Goaty Trucking, but I think he did post it for the right reasons and not to gloat, hence the sad face in the subject title. As the OP stated Goaty is well respected in the Felixstowe area and also on here.

It’s likely that not everybody read the thread where Paul posted of his recent problems and reasons for closing and didn’t know.

Finally although I only know him from this forum, I would like to wish Paul Godby well for the future.

muckles:
Maybe the OP was a bit insensitive the way he posted about Goaty Trucking, but I think he did post it for the right reasons and not to gloat, hence the sad face in the subject title. As the OP stated Goaty is well respected in the Felixstowe area and also on here.

It’s likely that not everybody read the thread where Paul posted of his recent problems and reasons for closing and didn’t know.

Finally although I only know him from this forum, I would like to wish Paul Godby well for the future.

You maybe right muckles, But it did come across that he was gloating at Goaty misfortune, anyway think it be best just to end this link .

pete smith:

Toddy2:

Own Account Driver:

Punchy Dan:

+1

+2

+3 but if you really felt the need to why post the address as well? bit out of order that bit IMO.

Bit weird that eh, anyway he’s not there anymore, I spoke to him about 2 weeks ago & he was having a meal in Ipswich before setting off on his travels.
He was in good spirit, and I say Good Luck Paul !!, go enjoy yourself :smiley: :smiley:

Infamy at last! :laughing:
“Well respected in Felixstowe”, not something you generally hear down there. Catty ■■■■■■■ mostly but pleasant to hear none the less, so thank you. Have we met? I don’t recognise the name.
Nice to see the TC finally did as requested. You need to fill in a form to hand an OL back ffs.
For the record; I had a stroke in March and a TIA in June. Stress fuelled high blood pressure.
The statutory suspension of my truck entitlement expires June next year.
We sold my unit and struggled on with one. Losing the sidelifter was too much too much of a financial blow. A calculated risk that didn’t turn out so well. We sold all assets and are currently subbing out the work while we’re away travelling. See what next year brings. Thanks for the kind thoughts. I’m sincerely touched.

If you don’t mind me asking Goaty, did you feel stressed? I ask because I have high BP ( probably help if I lost a few pounds, quite a few ahem), and I wonder how much stress is a factor.

Can’t decide if I don’t feel stressed or if after so many years, I don’t know what it feels like to relax.

Anyway, enjoy your retirement, you deserve to.

I didn’t recognise it as stress. Just hassled. I’ve had a lot of ■■■■■■ family issues running alongside the usual business crap too. Something snapped in March, I have a thumbnail sized bit of brain damage to show for it.
Retired? I wish! :laughing:
Still been involved with arranging the jobs but using a couple of local contacts to shift it as required. I intend to drive again once this dark period has passed but for now the six of us are doing a “Grand Tour” albeit with the caravan.
The wonders of modern technology…

Good luck with everything Goaty, I gave it a go and enjoyed the experience but it could be incredibly stressful- it seems that like buses, troubles all arrive at the same time. Now I just do agency driving, sling the keys across the counter at the end of the shift then forget about trucks until the next time. No more HMRC, DVSA, Vatman, accountant, bank manager etc. Enjoy the caravan tour.

Cheers HM. Time will tell.