To renew or not to renew...

That is the wuestion.

My R.H.A subscription is up for renewal.

Shall I renew & pay out a couple of hundred quid for the privelege of receiving some A4 sheets of paper each month.

I can also use the law plan to sue Volvo (maybe not checked status of policy yet)

OR

Save the money & write 'em a letter saying when they start taking some direct action to help the grass roots of the industry then I will become a member again!

I’ve did’nt renew mine which was due in march, then somebody phoned me, and I told them “no thanks”, and they’ve still been sending me postal shots until last week when they wrote and told me I had’nt paid my membership (no [zb] sherlock), and it was overdue :unamused:

Ditto the above, Exactly!
I shouldn’t bother Shaun, the big draw is Lawplan, oh, and the RHA recovery scheme.
Lawplan IS worth having, but the recovery scheme can be bought direct from the RAC, as for the rest of what they offer, no thanks, just pays for a jolly up in Malta as far as I can see.
So I vote NO!

Been too long away from the RHA to offer any useful advice Sean, but didn’t Ian Young get good service in Bulgaria recently? Could be worth it for that kind of cover.

Salut, David.

I won’t be renewing my membership when it becomes due. I don’t have the Law Plan anyway so no problem there. I have their insurance that gives you cover if you end up in hospital over the water or will bring your body back home if you are killed but other firms offer the same kind of thing.

I have noticed that ever since there was a change of the head man in the International Department the monthly bulletin seems to be half the size it used to be.

The money they waste on their numerous multi coloured mail shots is unbelievable.

The only thing that has improved in recent times is Roadway magazine, which has turned into a good product with plenty to read. I think you can still get the magazine if you are not a member, you just have to pay for it which will be a lot cheaper than a membership.