Am I mad?

Can I get a list of reasons why I shouldn’t consider this?
walkermovements.co.uk/vehicles/ … -sf59-bxh/

Mileage is way too high. I would give it a miss.

Not that cheap for mileage and condition leave it for the export market I would.

Decent trucks out there though for £10-£12k with plenty of life left avoid under £10k really, in general, as it’s bargain basement stuff,

Ex Yule n Dodds been pulling a waste ejector , would not even be my last choice ,saw a nice B reg Foden on the m1 today working properly too that would last you longer :smiley:

Not glamorous but something like this has got a lot more life left in it for not a lot more money:
ebay.co.uk/itm/2011-61-Renau … 0005.m1851

Mad, absolutely bonkers! Lol

if you like it,then why not? offer 5k,deal or no deal.offers on the table till monday noon as your heading up north to lift something else.no messing and drop the phone .its not a desirable marque and you will be married to it after you buy it.if they call its a snip,if they dont,whats for you wont go by you

A list of reasons:

Its height
Its ugly
Its done a million km
I get seasick in them
Its so old, its got SATs tests next year and is halfway to its GCSEs!
Its Euro5, ULEZs are going to demand Euro6. Early Euro6s are becoming affordable, so why cut yourself out of a load of work.

No test on it.
If it was a shoo-in for the test why hasn`t the vendor put a ticket on it already?

nsmith1180:
A list of reasons:

Its height
Its ugly
Its done a million km
I get seasick in them
Its so old, its got SATs tests next year and is halfway to its GCSEs!
Its Euro5, ULEZs are going to demand Euro6. Early Euro6s are becoming affordable, so why cut yourself out of a load of work.

Ugly well doesn’t really matter if it’s capable of earning money and you’re going for a T Range, a truck not universally known for it’s good looking design. :wink:

But I agree with much of what you said, however the ULEZ doesn’t come into effect for another 3 years, if the truck was worth buying, in 3 years it would have got it’s money back and ready for export.

Also the ULEZ only covers a very small part of London. I remember when the LEZ went to Euro 4+ many hauliers around here were unconcerned as there wasn’t much call for their type of work within the LEZ let alone the area that will be covered by the ULEZ, although I’m not sure what work the OP does.

Personally though I think the Premium (or something similar) that Own Account Drivers put a link to is a far better option on the face of it than that well used Magnum.

Thanks for the advice, I knew I’d have been bonkers, but it did seem a fair price. ULEZ isn’t an issue with what I’ll be doing.

Yes you are buying from there as there’s 3 TGM 2008 rigid trucks there all were disposed of by my firm due to being uneconomic to repair
1, due to dark side driver bashing roof and front bumper (let you guess which one )
2nd one due to Main bearing going in gear box and having 719k kms on it (my 1st truck )
3rd compression was going so took age to start and heater wasn’t working at all and has been there nearly a year
There would have been a 4th but she committed harry carry and caught fire in Winchester :open_mouth: total write off

Own Account Driver:
Not glamorous but something like this has got a lot more life left in it for not a lot more money:
ebay.co.uk/itm/2011-61-Renau … 0005.m1851

Thats a fair price for a Premium of that age with low kms on it.

Looking at the reg, I thought it was ex Gullivers rental, but they have around 700k on them when they move them on. That is not an ex rental truck. Looks to have had an easy life, and the panels look original. Fuel filter drain warning is on, but not a problem. Bed looks like it’s never been used.

All in all, a tidy motor.

Ken.