Dashcams

I’m looking to purchase a mid-range Daschcam for each our our 4 lorries. Looking at Nextbase 312GW, seems to be a good allrounder with GPS, simple to operate, saves footage when unit detects a bump, plenty of cable to hide away, HD with good night vision…anyone have any experience of this or similar units or if you have a recommendation that works for you? Thank You

Next Base are one of the premium options when it comes to dash cams,take a look on YouTube and there will be plenty of reviews/footage of the cams to look at.

Thanks. I’m going to look into dual cams as well, will let you know what i find.

Looking at Vue and Smart Witness.

kevthrev:
I’m looking to purchase a mid-range Daschcam for each our our 4 lorries. Looking at Nextbase 312GW, seems to be a good allrounder with GPS, simple to operate, saves footage when unit detects a bump, plenty of cable to hide away, HD with good night vision…anyone have any experience of this or similar units or if you have a recommendation that works for you? Thank You

I have had one for about 8 months now and can’t fault it, you can instantly transfer footage via wifi over to your phone if needed. It’s pretty good in the dark too with a good wide angle and as you mentioned plenty of lead .

Him, i recently just took out a tracking system and dash cam, £9.95 per month on a tracking and £199 outright on a dash cam, hope this helps.

I’ve tried various ones over the past 5 years I’ve been fitting them, the one I currently use is the blackvue dr650s. Cheap dash cams don’t last long as they’re designed for cars.

Have been looking at VUE and Smart Witness.The £10 a month for the data per vehicle, what do you get for that? if we only used the technology on 2 trucks, can we do our own analysis? Trying to get my head round the costings. Thanks in advance.

I use the Nextbase 402g. Have done since it was current tech, about two years back.

Quality of footage is really good, plus, I had reason to fall back on the footage after some nobber came up the inside of me and wiped out all the plastics/lights on the front n/s corner of the unit I was driving. Thankfully the camera made sure I had nothing to answer to and the company which owned the other vehicle settled immediately once they saw a copy of the footage.

This cam takes either 12/24v and as it takes just a minute or two to set up I never drive a truck without it.

Can’t recommend it highly enough.