R Series Headlamp Retrofit

Hi All,

Can Anyone Tell Me What Sort Of A Job It Is To Retrofit The Later R Series Headlamps/Indicators/DRL’s To An Early (05) R Series? It Looks To Me Like All The Plugs Are Different, Though I Have Seen It Done. I’m Curious As To What Sort Of A Job The Wiring Is And If Possible Can The Xenon Headlamps Be Retrofitted?

Thanks In Advance

Steve

My mate tells me scania xenon headlamps are often stolen and either sold or used as lamps for plants, how true it is or not I dont know but he says its a big problem.

Trickydick:
My mate tells me scania xenon headlamps are often stolen and either sold or used as lamps for plants, how true it is or not I dont know but he says its a big problem.

They are very easy to remove, and some crims know this and also the fact that they are very expensive.

So they end up on Ebay or other places for sale so that truck drivers can then buy them cheap to look good, at the expense of either another Brother trucker O/D potentially.

I am aware that on a very rare occasion they originated from a crash damaged unit, but on the whole buying them simply feeds crime.

Trickydick:

It’s a huge problem although some people are modifying their units now to give some bit of security.

Even dealers yards are being hit.

I believe certain plants thrive under bright lights especially if you can tap into the neighbours power supply. :grimacing: although I’m guessing the most of the light units end up modifying older kit.

See here viewtopic.php?f=2&t=123842&hilit=headlights

and here viewtopic.php?f=2&t=137937

Afraid I Cant Help You Guys With The Stolen Headlamps. Mine Were Bought Second Hand From A Well Known Scania Breaker And Not Pinched Off Some Poor Sods Truck Whilst He Was Asleep!!

Apparently There Is No Wiring Harness Available From The Main Dealer As A Retrofit So I Had An Auto Electrician Make Me Up A Bit Of Loom With The Correct Plugs To Make A Nice Job Of It.

Steve_H:
Afraid I Cant Help You Guys With The Stolen Headlamps. Mine Were Bought Second Hand From A Well Known Scania Breaker And Not Pinched Off Some Poor Sods Truck Whilst He Was Asleep!!

Apparently There Is No Wiring Harness Available From The Main Dealer As A Retrofit So I Had An Auto Electrician Make Me Up A Bit Of Loom With The Correct Plugs To Make A Nice Job Of It.

What are the results like??

Both looks and effectiveness??

Hurryup&wait:

Steve_H:

What are the results like??

Both looks and effectiveness??

Looks Just Like A Late R Series With Xenon Headlamps. Gives A Little More Modern Look To It. Not Had The Opportunity To Test Them In Darkness Yet.

Nice one.

And plenty of long dark nights on their way now too so good timing.

Hurryup&wait:
Nice one.

I Dont Know About You, But When The Nights Are Long And Dark I’m Usually In Bed Sleeping!!

Steve_H:

Hurryup&wait:
Nice one.

I Dont Know About You, But When The Nights Are Long And Dark I’m Usually In Bed Sleeping!!

No such luck here.

The boss paid for Xenons and he likes to get his money’s worth.