Anyone know how much maritime pay for there sub contractors

Heard a lot of mixed opinions on sub contracting for maritime, anyone know how much they pay and what there shift patterns are?

Up to date maritime subbie pay?

r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?share_ … are_type=t

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You really are as stupid and lazy as I accused you of being earlier aren’t you. Three bloody topics down. That’s the first topic below your lazy attempts to have us write your business plan for you.

Don’t waste your time on this prick chaps. He’s a troll of the highest order.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

haha subbies, owner drivers and the self employed only have one shift pattern…24/7 !!!

Thought you were a bit harsh on the other thread smithy, now thinking you’re right :unamused:

The Op via private message:
Honestly you are so ■■■■ boring! Iv only been on here a day! I’m not looking for a business plan, I’m looking at different opinions! I’m not even going to start owner driving I’m just trying to find out info which I am struggling to find online because of bored lonely guys like you stuck in a layby with no family at home commenting on posts like this! I’m sure once I get the hang of all of this, including this site I won’t annoy you as much! I take it your a boring fat guy who walks with a limp eating a microwave meal in his big Scania V8 working for somebody who tried to start up on his own but failed! Do me a favour and bore off!

If you are going to throw insults around, at least have the guts to do it in open forum.

Now let me address the bold bit.

Boring: many would say yes. After all, I’m a truck driving motorsport loving musician with a talent for photography. All signs of a gripping party guest.

Fat: yes, I’m ■■■■■■■ huge.

Limp: not at the moment, but I do get all infirm at the thought of exercise.

Microwave meal: not tonight, nuked some liver and bacon for lunch though.

Scania V8: If you had done as I suggested and read some of the topics here, you would know the Mercedes in which I currently reside is being replaced by a Renault.

Working for somebody who tried to start up on his own and failed:

I’ll take this one in two parts.

A) if he had tried and failed, how could I be working for him?

B) again, I know I am asking you to do more than copy the smart kids homework but if you had looked through the forum you would have found that I’m not only right in saying that all your answers are here but the one who wrote them from his own experience.

Three months ago I achieved what you are kidding yourself by thinking you are going to do. The truck I drive is mine, (well, hired but I pay the bill). Just as you say you are thinking about doing, I set up with minimal outlay and with the help of the bank. Just as you are thinking, I’m doing container subing. So instead of insulting me and wasting everyone on here’s time, perhaps you should go away, do the reading I have suggested and then come back with intelligent, reasonable questions. Because I can pretty much assure you that of all the people on here, mine is the advice you crave the most because while these guys have many years of knowledge and experience. I’VE JUST BLOODY DONE IT.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Just realised I may have been unduely harsh in the post above.

I apologise to all the people on here whose advice the OP may crave more than mine, who have many years more experience than me and very valid contributions. I was grateful for your help when I got going, so I shouldn’t be making out like mine is the only opinion that matters.

Everything else above, I stand behind. (Or sit, I wasn’t lying about my weight.)

Well that took an unexpected turn! Well done Smithy, fair play to you fella.

If you’re subcontracting there isn’t a shift pattern!..

I’ve a colleague who has just started with them as a subbie and I think its around £1.35 per mile. He has to pay £ 80.00 per week for use of their skelly… (Can’t hire or buy his own as there are a lot of drop & swaps… (IKEA etc).

Its not always the ppm… Its about how quick people pay and I believe they pay every 2 weeks and will allow you to draw fuel after the 1st 7 days… He works out of Immingham/Killingholme and does lots of M62 work.

picture_man36:
Its not always the ppm… Its about how quick people pay and I believe they pay every 2 weeks and will allow you to draw fuel after the 1st 7 days… He works out of Immingham/Killingholme and does lots of M62 work.

Week 1 is paid in week 3.
Its 14 days to qualify for a fuel card, though I think using Maritimes fuel card is a bad idea. You are never going to build up your own companies credit if you use maritime’s money to buy your diesel. Yes, I pay slightly more, but there is a record that I have paid it.

As for the drop and swaps, there are several maritime subbies using their own trailer, (which you can get cheaper btw). If they get a bit fussy on it, start on their trailer, keep track of the number of hours a week you lose looking for an empty skel or boxing off the empty some Maritime Muppet left on the skel instead of lifting off at two in the morning when it was quiet and then say to them 'I’m losing x amount of time a month because your trailers are always taken, therefore I am going to run my own, take it or leave it."

They will probably take it, but if they leave it, there is always Wincanton, who pay quicker and don’t care whose trailer you pull.

There is a big advert in the commercial motor this week, mentions a guaranteed weekly payment ■■?

Tarmac duck:
There is a big advert in the commercial motor this week, mentions a guaranteed weekly payment ■■?

And you will get paid weekly, after one week working and two weeks of waiting you are then paid every Friday.

Please don’t say just ring and ask because I would think Tom would grill you intensely. I thought they might offer a guaranteed weekly figure for example £2000.