Thanks for the help, decision made

Hi all,

Just a quick one offering closure on a long running saga of my business on this board!

I’ve finally made the decision about a long term commitment to a wagon. The next ‘Angel’ will bee Drumroll

A Renault!

I weighed up all the options and managed to put a number to how comfy the seat was etc but in the end it was the cost of the Renault which won it. Over 36 months the Scania is £10k more than the Range T, so basically I’m working it a month more until it breaks even. Still, ot was a very hard call, the New Gen R series is one hell of a good truck.

Thank you to all who have contributed and provided counsel.

Now that you’ve committed to the Renault Smithy,
What about one of these “T series High” coming out in New Year■■?[emoji6] [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

Big Truck:
Now that you’ve committed to the Renault Smithy,
What about one of these “T series High” coming out in New Year■■?[emoji6] [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

Would be nice if:

:: They didn’t look like the T standard’s ugly sister.

:: The didn’t undo a large part of the cost saving over the Scania anyway. £5+k more according to my salesman.

I don’t need one really. Whats the point of buying with your head when you then go off and willy wave anyway?

I think a sound choice based on financial/business information. Many slate Renault Trucks and the dealer network but I’ve got to say that i have had the pleasure of 12 Ton Midlums for a number of years and all (touch wood) have been trouble free. Don’t get me wrong there has been the occasional niggle or the ridiculous price quoted for a piece of broken trim, but overall they have been great.

The real question, I guess, is it worth the extra 10-12k for what i would call a “premium” brand?

nsmith1180:
Hi all,

Just a quick one offering closure on a long running saga of my business on this board!

I’ve finally made the decision about a long term commitment to a wagon. The next ‘Angel’ will bee Drumroll

A Renault!

I weighed up all the options and managed to put a number to how comfy the seat was etc but in the end it was the cost of the Renault which won it. Over 36 months the Scania is £10k more than the Range T, so basically I’m working it a month more until it breaks even. Still, ot was a very hard call, the New Gen R series is one hell of a good truck.

Thank you to all who have contributed and provided counsel.

Nice one smithy, if the option is available to you, phone some of the dealers and request one that’s been returned short of the three year deal… it will be cheaper, plus we off hire it when I go on hols (about 8 weeks this year) , and your not tied into anything other than the first three months. Might take a few month for something to become avail (which I think you said would suit you) so get your calls out now.

Would be my choice too.

Last year we were in the market for a new unit. Despite having had a few Scanias, the salesman failed to follow up with a call, Renault on the other hand, demonstrator for a week, with an offer to go down to Warwick and take the big cab left hand drive out for a spin round the track. From the drivers pov, Scanias have the edge, but the Renault still got the thumbs up and we’ve had no problems with it.