Speed Limiters

If you buy a second hand lorry, should it come with any certification for having a Speed Limiter fitted? Is there any kind of period that an operator needs to check the correct operation of a speed limiter? I have looked online, not a lot of info? Thanks in advance

So long as the limiter works and theres a little sticker saying what speed its limited to thats it job done, doesnt need recalibrating like a tacho etc
Assuming whoever services the truck every few weeks road tests it they will soon tell you if theres an issue or your tacho checks should show overspeeding.

kevthrev:
If you buy a second hand lorry, should it come with any certification for having a Speed Limiter fitted? Is there any kind of period that an operator needs to check the correct operation of a speed limiter? I have looked online, not a lot of info? Thanks in advance

Sorry to be picky but speed limiters are extinct,it’s done in the ecu nowadays.

I can remember retro fitting the Groeneveld limiters to Volvo FL10s! also to the ERF with the twin split but they had sme extra bits so you could still blip the throttle to change down.
One thing I remember is they were all ■■■■.

Does anyone remember when the Scania 4 series (they were crap then and still are!) first came out and their utter junk limiters which surged all over the place?

I had a Grenoveld on my Erf ,it failed ,the motor wound on and wouldn’t go back ,so I fitted a sturdy .