Cpc holder .wot can i do with it?

new on this forum so hello all ,
question ,im coming up to retirement soon and 40 years ago did my cpc “road freight national A” course and passed and gained a certificate which I still have , I had ambitions at 21 to be an owner operator and buy my own truck buy a bear and travel the highways like my hero bj and the bear …! who remembers that programme ? quality :sunglasses:
anyway it didn’t happen although I passed the class1 and psv coach etc abut didn’t pursue a career in haulage or transport and moved in a different direction ,the hgv1 licence has also elapsed but believe its possible to get it back pending a medical possibly ■■?
anyway im looking to finish work soon maybe and was wondering whether I could now utilise the cpc to gain a little extra revenue possibly .im not even sure after 40 years whether the certificate is still valid even but would welcome some feedback off anyone who cares to listen .many thanks Colin…

ive had one for over 30 years,and its about as much use as a chocolate teapot nowadays.unless you want to take the flak for someone loking for a o licence in name only.you might last 6 month before court.though it still qualifies you to try for a traffic office job somewhere like stobarts and the like,then hide,keep your head down,and pass the buck for as long as you can?
.on the brighter side,heres my favourite bj and the bear,and 8 girls picture. :wink:

dieseldog999:
ive had one for over 30 years,and its about as much use as a chocolate teapot nowadays.unless you want to take the flak for someone loking for a o licence in name only.you might last 6 month before court.though it still qualifies you to try for a traffic office job somewhere like stobarts and the like,then hide,keep your head down,and pass the buck for as long as you can?
.on the brighter side,heres my favourite bj and the bear,and 8 girls picture. :wink:

I have that problem most days, keep a broom in the cab to try and dislodge them.

Stick it in a frame on the wall, you would be a brave man to lend it out, hire it out or offer it to a “mate”.
It is still valid although you would have to swot up on new regs, laws and penalties. I don’t think you get bread and water in prison now,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

most applications for becoming a tm on a licence these days will involve refresher training before you will get the ok, if you have not used it for over 10 years you will need a lot of luck, and the tc will probably stipulate how many days he thinks you will need to bring you up to date, it will not be cheap. good luck with that.

bit of a wooosh post there with the pic troops…im so disappointed that nobody counted the 8 girls in the pic…i hope your all paying more notice when your flat to the mat on the cruise on the motorways tonight… :slight_smile:

I’ve had mine since '89. I’ve been offered money in the past to allow someone to ‘use’ CPC to allow them to apply for a O licence. Don’t do it… UNLESS you’re involved with the business on a day to day basis as you are the person who will be in the brown stuff if things go wrong.

dieseldog999:
bit of a wooosh post there with the pic troops…im so disappointed that nobody counted the 8 girls in the pic…i hope your all paying more notice when your flat to the mat on the cruise on the motorways tonight… :slight_smile:

No fair! Who’s counting after seeing the first one and starting to drool… :grimacing:

TiredAndEmotional:

dieseldog999:

No fair! Who’s counting after seeing the first one and starting to drool… :grimacing:

I can see 7 good lookers, but thought DD may be somewhat less fussy, hence the 8 ?