Volvo FH4 Mid lift axle

We have 3 models all with the same problem - when running empty with the mid lift raised the wheels are tight against the top of the mudguards . Any bumps in the road , speed ramps etc will cause the lifted wheels to turn and rub the tops of the mudguards to rub through. The local dealer wants £250 in cash up front to reprogramme the height of the lift - needless to say we ain’t happy as the trucks are all on a repair and maintenance contract.
What I did notice last weekend when attending a truck show was that a Renault Premium Midlift has a similar 3 piece mudguard but with a more rounded top than that of the flatter one of a Volvo .

Has anyone else had this problem ?

Has anyone tried fitting a Renault mudguard top on a Volvo ? Did it work and had you any problems with it ?

Volvo wheel arch attachments are metal aren’t they, the Renault clips are all rubber and plastic.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Space the bump stops down a bit .

beefy4605:
We have 3 models all with the same problem - when running empty with the mid lift raised the wheels are tight against the top of the mudguards . Any bumps in the road , speed ramps etc will cause the lifted wheels to turn and rub the tops of the mudguards to rub through. The local dealer wants £250 in cash up front to reprogramme the height of the lift - needless to say we ain’t happy as the trucks are all on a repair and maintenance contract.
What I did notice last weekend when attending a truck show was that a Renault Premium Midlift has a similar 3 piece mudguard but with a more rounded top than that of the flatter one of a Volvo .

Has anyone else had this problem ?

Has anyone tried fitting a Renault mudguard top on a Volvo ? Did it work and had you any problems with it ?

I run FH4 6x2 units, standard height chassis mid lift and yes the midlife is tight to the top of the wing top but the wheel doesn’t go around when lifted so never had a wear problem. From 2016 onwards the drive axle height lifts slightly (1-2") when the midlift is up. Never had a Volvo and Reno side by side but I thought they were the same wing setup on both trucks?

We have a pile of FH4 6x2 with some nearing 3yrs old.

Never noticed any problems with mid-lifts rubbing the wing-tops but rear axle being run on lower setting on dash switch don’t half wear holes in wing-tops!! !!!

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk