Tilting the cab on an ERF ecx

Could some one out there help me with the cab tilt procedure, it seems like the safety catches are not releasing, when I turn the switch on the side of the pump to the up position should the safety catches automatically release or is there a manual overide, it would appear that one of the catches is not releasing, has anybody experienced this problem , I can’t get hold of the guy I bought it off until Monday to ask his advice.

Usually they open as the pump builds up pressure

They should release as you start pumping - but make sure you open the front grille first - as there is a valve under there to cause the oil to bypass the system

Toddy, have you tried contacting T/N member “ERF-NGC-European” , AKA uncle Robert. He seems to be our resident ERF man. He may be able to help.

bullitt:
Toddy, have you tried contacting T/N member “ERF-NGC-European” , AKA uncle Robert. He seems to be our resident ERF man. He may be able to help.

Thanks Bullitt- but not me with the problem - Alec is the op here.
BTW - mine is all sorted now - I had major problems, even sent my rams off to a firm of so called 'experts" who were useless. 5 rams and 3 pumps later My pal Alfie came to the rescue and stripped and re assembed the valve mechanism

I know its not the same truck, (but similar) I remember the MAN tg series would have problems with the auto cab tilt locks sticking on when raising the cab, usually the o/s/r cab lock. To overcome the lock get a friend to keep pumping the ram up whilst you hit the rear cab mount with a lump hammer, sounds brutal I know but sometimes it was the only way !!!

You got a siezed inter lock.First thing pump pressure does is undo the claws in the cab locks.And no ERF never had a grill interlock.Only Volvo

Bking:
You got a siezed inter lock.First thing pump pressure does is undo the claws in the cab locks.And no ERF never had a grill interlock.Only Volvo

Are you sure about Erf ?

Punchy Dan:

Bking:

Are you sure about Erf ?

Yes

Bking:

Wrong - my Olympic had an interlock valve on the nearside

Toddy2:

Bking:

Wrong - my Olympic had an interlock valve on the nearside

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

image.jpeg

Bking:

Punchy Dan:

Bking:

Are you sure about Erf ?

Yes

That is it, also have a 3 port cab pump, the 3rd port being the return from that valve shown by Dan’s picture

All cab pumps are three port, two interlocks and ram

Stuff like photos and facts usually make little difference.

Bking:
All cab pumps are three port, two interlocks and ram

Wrong again. The one on my EC8 had 2 ports, I have 2 more here that have 2 ports - 1 came off a DAF :unamused: :unamused:

Im sure most of the dafs at work are just two port pumps

Bking:

What do you have to say on the photos I have posted then ?

Is that it Bking ,wrong again so you just don’t reply . :unamused:

Don’t want to get involved in the “discussion” above but I really wish Ivecos came with one of those interlocks :laughing: We have resorted to a sticker on the pump body reminding you to lift the grille before pumping. Selling those grilles must be a nice little earner for Iveco :laughing: