Director deceased

I’ve been searching for the correct information to inform TC on the death of one of the directors of a company. The best piece of info i have found is :

If the operator is a company, a change to directors is not classed as a change of ownership and the operator must simply notify the Traffic Commissioner within 28 days of any appointment or retirement of directors. Failure to do so can lead to action being taken against the operator’s licence.

Anyone had to deal with this before? Thanks

Phone the central licensing office. They are helpful chaps, not your normal bureaucratic buggers. They will see you right.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Yes, i phoned 0300 123 9000 from the gov.uk site and a nice lady informed me i have to inform the Leeds Office of what has happened within 28 days. If there were only 2 directors, i.e a partnership, and now only one, you have to submit more information if you are carrying on as a sole trader. Any additions to Board of Directors can be informed in the same letter.

You can add and remove directors using the online service. If you add a director you will then be sent a declaration form requesting more information about them, but only what you’d put in your O licence application.