Wide load ,minimum limit

I have a 3.4 m diameter steel roof frame to take from Sheffield to central London seeing as my euro 2 lorry is not invited in I though I’d take it on the pick up ,I pressume there’s nothing limiting over hang on smaller vehicles ,I’ve done it before but this it will be properly with a movement order .

Haven’t done any googling but my initial thought is I don’t think it is. It didn’t used to be ok to pull a 2.5m trailer behind a 3.5t or less tow vehicle but that changed not long ago so I might be out of date but pretty sure the stock width and length overhangs apply to vehicles over 3.5t or trailers drawn by them. Think it will be C&U so more to the point might be worth looking at how bad the penalty is. With overhangs the fact it’s supposed to be an indivisble load seems to be widely ignored so probably fairly low risk of getting pulled.

As far as I`m aware there is nothing wrong with using a smaller vehicle, just comes into movement orders sooner, due to narrower base vehicle (eg a 2.9m load on a 2.5m truck bed, 200mm over hang each side, no order needed, a 2m wide deck with the same load would have 450mm over hang each side, being over 305mm over hang brings it into movement order).
The 3.4m roof is going to be a movement order what ever it goes on, on both width and overhang so you should be OK.

Thankyou for the replys ,let’s see if any eyebrows are raised when the order goes in !