Sub Contract work

Hi There

I have a few box trucks, 12t, 18t and 45ft which have availability.

Which are the best companies for this? We are north west and London based.

I have seen various companies designed for back loads etc.

Many thanks in advance

If you have vehicles standing, then you need outbound work not eturn load sites that pay a pittance - you couldn’t make enough for an outbound and inbound load off those sites.

personally I don’t use them.

albion:
If you have vehicles standing, then you need outbound work not eturn load sites that pay a pittance - you couldn’t make enough for an outbound and inbound load off those sites.

personally I don’t use them.

I subscribed to returnloads for a year.

Rarely found a suitable load to enquire about; the ones that were suitable had been snapped up the second they came on; and even still the anticipated loading/tipping time, faff about from my planned routes etc, just didn’t make any of them attractive in the end.

I’m sure it works for many, but personally more hassle than it was worth for me.

I did the same for a while with Euro loads. Like you, not worth it. Bring them back empty now, and my lads like not messing about with rubbish.

This is problem I have encountered with many ‘backload’ companies.

I have found that many want to charge through the nose for access to their work, the rates seem to be very low, then on top of that, the subs they want to charge are mis leading.

It makes it harder when you have box vehicles, as many want curtain trucks in general.

I thank you all for your time.