3 HGVS with 4 different drivers..Printouts

The scenario i have is that the 3 HGV’s within the company are driven by 4 different drivers during any one week. These vehicles can be out on the road anything between 1 and 5 days in any given week and be driven by any of the drivers, just the nature of the work the company does. Of course they use their own Tacho Card for each individual driving stint which includes Daily Walk Round Checks at the start of a working driving day. Should each driver get a print-out at the end of their driving working day in said vehicle or can i, as the analyser of all ‘28 day drivers card downloads’ rely on the downloaded information. Are there any legal requirements for a driver to perform a print-out at the end of the day. Thanks in advance for your help.

No legal requirements for a driver to do a printout with the exception of police/DVSA requesting on or if the driver is for some reason driving without a card; that could be faulty, damaged or lost card whilst awaiting a replacement.

Your analysis sortware will have no problems whatsoever differentiating between the different drivers.

Our operation is pretty similar, can be a right mix of different drivers in different vehicles ( including some swapping into vans with no tachos…) and basically as per maoster. I rarely see a printout, usually only if there has been a problem and I get an explanation on the back. The software seems to cope just fine.

Thank you guys, interesting stuff

I may be wrong but these “questions” sound suspiciously like the stuff that was being asked by a certain member who was in fact from a tacho company, was a while back now so i might have imagined it :blush: :smiley:

I have a new position as a Transport Manager for a 4 HGV company and have been on this forum for a few years. A vast majority of contributors are very helpful and thank you. Others seem to treat everything with suspicion…use your time more wisely.

kevthrev:
The scenario i have is that the 3 HGV’s within the company are driven by 4 different drivers during any one week. These vehicles can be out on the road anything between 1 and 5 days in any given week and be driven by any of the drivers, just the nature of the work the company does. Of course they use their own Tacho Card for each individual driving stint which includes Daily Walk Round Checks at the start of a working driving day. Should each driver get a print-out at the end of their driving working day in said vehicle or can i, as the analyser of all ‘28 day drivers card downloads’ rely on the downloaded information. Are there any legal requirements for a driver to perform a print-out at the end of the day. Thanks in advance for your help.

We have had fobs installed on our trucks by our tracking company, so i know what driver is in what truck. It also helps corroborate data from tacho analysis software to see who was were and and what time etc, and i can see exactly what they were doing.