Moving an HGV short distance on private land

I have had a good look at this subject and i am interested to see you guys’ comments. My take on this real situation i have with a 13 tonne truck, parked up at an Operating Centre that is on Private Land which occasionally has to be moved 50/100 yards for repairs or just to move out of the way to get at another truck is that the digital tacho should be put to ‘Out of Scope’ with no Drivers card inserted and the person moving it to have a valid HGV licence. Members of the public are never on the land. Or, as someone has suggested, a Tacho Drivers card needs to be put in the Tacho for any vehicle moved? Thanks in advance

Private land = no licence at all needed (15 year old can drive it) and no tacho needed

Thanks for the feedback, worst case scenario, 15 year old drives the thing into an adjacent warehouse and causes thousands of damage with workers inside = Nightmare. My insistence of an HGV licence holder to move the truck makes me feel more comfortable. Good to hear no Digi-Card needed.

kevthrev:
Thanks for the feedback, worst case scenario, 15 year old drives the thing into an adjacent warehouse and causes thousands of damage with workers inside = Nightmare. My insistence of an HGV licence holder to move the truck makes me feel more comfortable. Good to hear no Digi-Card needed.

You and/or the company / insurer can impose restrictions on who can move it - that would be internal policy

Thanks for your help :slight_smile: