Vehicle Road Tax (VED or whatever it's called now)

Maybe someone could reassure me that I have not missed anything here.

We run 2 axle urban tractors with single axle trailers. (basically ex brewery drays). Until now we have always used trailers with air suspension, (tractors have air on drive axle and plate says road friendly). Tax is currently £236 pa to run at 25t.

We now want to occasionally use a trailer with steel spring suspension, running at the same gross train weight.

I had the idea that this would increase the tax payable as the trailer would be “road unfriendly” but I cannot find anything in the tables to say that it should be any different and we can just hitch up and use the thing.

Any advice ?

gov.uk/government/uploads/s … V149_1.pdf

As much as it can be a daunting task (saying that I’ve got through quickly the last few times I called them) I think giving the DVLA a call would be best.

Thanks. Did not actually come off in the end, using the steel sprung trailer, so never actually found the answer. I was contemplating just nipping round the corner to the DVSA (VOSA) place to ask them, only a few hundred metres from our yard, virtually neighbours :unamused: (To be fair they have been really helpful in the past)