Mercedes arocs exhaust problems

hi we run an arocs skip loader which refuses to allow the recirculation process to happen unless Mercedes come out and spend 4 hours on it then admit they have not cured it but still charge anyway, now they say we need a new filter, I wondered if anyone else is having the same problems, it is only on short hops around the town but running most of the day so should be up to temperature,

hotel magnum:
hi we run an arocs skip loader which refuses to allow the recirculation process to happen unless Mercedes come out and spend 4 hours on it then admit they have not cured it but still charge anyway, now they say we need a new filter, I wondered if anyone else is having the same problems, it is only on short hops around the town but running most of the day so should be up to temperature,

Can’t help regarding the problem itself, but can offer some advice re the management of it -

If the fault keep recurring, I’d be putting pressure on the dealer to come up with timely answers - it’s no good his fitters simply chasing one ‘fix’ after another depending on what the laptop says as there is clearly an underlying problem which is throwing up faults/causing items to fail.

might be worthwhile splashing out on the inspection service offered by the RHA (I’m not a rep for them) - they will inspect workshop repairs and advise if they have been done correctly; or will give a second opinion on problems, giving you more information to go back to the dealer with.

If all else fails, just tell them how much you now hate their brand and that you’ll shout about it on trucknet - it may help!

Its called a regen and it basically cleans the dpf out.
If its idling all day thats not going to help and will block the dpf up pdq.
Running all day may have the coolant up to running temperature but the exhaust dpf wont be able to clean itself unless it gets hot enough by working the engine hard.

You may find they are right and the dpf is blocked beyond saving and it does need a new one, but using it as you are will condemn the new one to go the way of your current one.

There was a recent post on here where a guy posted up details of someone who cleaned the dpf ready for reuse.

If the dpf is showing as constantly full ,It would do with a blast down the motorway to see if it will do a regen itself,The problem with EGR is that short /town driving doesn’t help them…I don’t know but do merc give you a regen switch ,where the driver can carry out a static regen when required …■■

norb:
If the dpf is showing as constantly full ,It would do with a blast down the motorway to see if it will do a regen itself,The problem with EGR is that short /town driving doesn’t help them…I don’t know but do merc give you a regen switch ,where the driver can carry out a static regen when required …■■

Yes. It looks like this. (sorry for the messyness. I’m about to start polishing!)

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk