Maritime , LKW WALTER subcontractor scheme

Hi all,

I have contacted Maritime and LKW WALTER for subcontractor scheme and this is what I got.

LKW WALTER;

Currently we pay about 0,85€ per km on the route Germany – UK (round trips)
So this is 1.20£ per loaded mile, they pay special rate for unloaded miles. They pay for the ferry crossing but road tax from own. He mentioned this is for Germany rate, other eu destinations may vary.
-How is the daily load availability to/from UK?
We are planning the trucks as own trucks. We try to keep them running and planning best possible. Unloading/loading on the same day)
-Is LKW WALTER fuel card also available in UK?
We work with IDS, LogPay and Shell. You can use these fuel cards when doing a load on behalf of LKW WALTER.
-How long is the invoicing/payment term?
We have a payment term of 22 days – paid always on a Wednesday.

Maritime Transport;

Distribution / Curtain Sider Work

In general terms the type of work covered is longer distance and dictates drivers are away from base overnight for the majority of the week. Almost all loads are single pick up to single delivery in to RDC’s operated by blue chip companies. Vehicles are planned as close to base as possible at the end of the week to avoid unproductive empty mileage. If a second driver is available, weekend work invariably can be offered from most areas. Rates are calculated using a base rate of £1.35 per mile, loaded or empty, with an additional fuel supplement payable against each delivery and load. The calculation for this payment is explained later in this letter. Currently the supplementary payment is 4.32%. 1350 minimum mileage is guaranteed for a 5 day week when vehicle and driver are available up to statutory hours during the course of the week… This may include a couple of hours duty Saturday morning if hours permit. As we operate drop and swap trailer arrangements in many cases all vehicles run with trailers hired from us. All vehicles running on this type of work must be basically white in colour.

Container Transport

Rates are calculated using single trip and round trip tariffs with the lower mileage journeys being calculated on a ‘job rate’ system. The rating procedure permits the operator to provide a balanced mix of work to allow sufficient weekly revenue to be achieved whilst fuel cost are controlled. Again, the fuel supplement payment is made against each delivery and load covered. Clearly, the outcome in terms of overall mileage rate achieved throughout the course of the week is dependant on the balance of local and longer distance work undertaken by the vehicle. If you have a preference in this respect we are willing to discuss this with you and allocate your vehicle to the most appropriate depot to provide the type of work preferred by you. We would normally expect vehicle working away from base to achieve 1600 to 1700 miles in an average week, this would generate approximately £2200 to £2300 revenue in an average week.

Bonus Scheme

In addition to the rate paid against each job carried out we operate a ‘Loyalty Award’. A bonus of 1% of turnover will be paid, in arrears, to every sub-contractor who works for us for a complete year calculated from the beginning of the January.

Fuel Recovery

All sub-contractors working for Maritime Transport on a dedicated basis benefit from an additional ‘fuel recovery’ payment to protect against fuel cost increases. This is reviewed monthly and is calculated as follows:

The base cost of fuel is set at 82 pence per litre (PPL). This is deducted from the national average cost of fuel issued by the RHA and calculated monthly in arrears, (all figures quoted are net of VAT). The difference is expressed as a percentage of the base cost and a supplement of 30% of this figure is paid against each job undertaken in the following month:

(Current PPL – 82) x 30% = Fuel Recovery % Paid

Buy with Work Option

We are currently recruiting subcontractors operating with their own vehicles but for details of our Buy with Work scheme which provides the added extra of weekly guarantees on minimum mileages for those subcontractors purchasing a vehicle from us, you should contact our Second-hand Trucks Department on 01375 845823 for further information.

Trailer Hire

Skeletal trailers are charged at £80 + VAT and curtain sided trailers at £90 + VAT per trailer, per week, inclusive of servicing and all normal wear and tear, but excluding punctures.

Bulldog Locks

Container locks are available to purchase at £70 plus VAT per lock, if required. Please find a ‘Bulldog Container Lock Request Form’ attached.

Pretty low rates though, let me know what do you guys think and what is the average rate for UK and international per mile at the moment. I find out from returnloads.net some posts have rates around 1.80 £ per mile up to 2£ and how is the haulageexchange site rates if anyone knows.

Thanks,

Andrey

Those rates are pretty standard for container subcontracting.
Rates on Haulage exchange were usually very poor when I was a member. There is no fixed rate it’s a bidding war.

Thanks for the reply Big burner.
Even though a lot of bad review for Maritime on this forum, So far Maritime seems better than lkw Walter with fuel recovery and weekly payment + busy loads. I might contact with few others like Eddie Stobart and Solstor. Exchange sites are too much stress I think, you need to look for loads always and payment terms over 30-60days.

Heard the other day and dont know how true it is, that Maritime do all the haulage work for a few Tesco depots, apparently they organise the whole package, logistics/repairs ect.

Yes, might be. As they do distribution and container delivery. I plan to do tramper container work.

I pulled for DSV and LKW, as soon as i was empty, i was off for the reload.
You will have noticed that LKW have new trailers running around the UK.
I covered all of Europe.

What rates do you get from them?

Beware of the wide boys @ Maritime, their internal bonus scheme is funded by the subbies :unamused:

And you will need to visit a certain manager`s abode in the Southwest Leicestershire area to drop off your “envelopes” :open_mouth:

youtu.be/Y-6RO6lD-u8

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

The knob in the video is driving with a high viz, do not knock me down bib, what a knob jockey .

You will never get 1.8 - 2 pm if you are subcontractor. 1.3 average rate.

Trickydick:
Heard the other day and dont know how true it is, that Maritime do all the haulage work for a few Tesco depots, apparently they organise the whole package, logistics/repairs ect.

maritime run tesco fenny lock at milton keynes and tesco reading (or did as been a while since i been there)

scotstrucker:

Trickydick:

maritime run tesco fenny lock at milton keynes and tesco reading (or did as been a while since i been there)

They still do at reading as there was Tesco trailers coming out yesterday being pulled by maritime trucks

put it to contexted, one of my trucks last week did £2500 + vat used £585 in fuel and did 1350 miles roughly and minus £700 in drivers wages :wink: £1.28 per mile :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: ■■■■ take

Alex EastTrans:
You will never get 1.8 - 2 pm if you are subcontractor. 1.3 average rate.

you will if you can find day rate

burnley-si:
put it to contexted, one of my trucks last week did £2500 + vat used £585 in fuel and did 1350 miles roughly and minus £700 in drivers wages :wink: £1.28 per mile :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: ■■■■ take

Where’s the insurance, truck finance(if any), operator rental, night out costs ■■ :slight_smile:

Andrey1:

burnley-si:

Where’s the insurance, truck finance(if any), operator rental, night out costs ■■ :slight_smile:

I`d be looking to take it out of the £562.50 cost pot :wink:

£2500.00 - Gross
£1915.00 - After Fuel
£1215.00 - After Wages [Night Outs included ?, if not, take them out of the cost pot]
£1125.00 - After Trailer Rental [Guess]
£562.50 - In the Cost Pot
£562.50 - In the Gross Profit Pot - :arrow_right: 22.5%

It`s not a bad return for providing a unit + driver, and collecting the paperwork on a Saturday afternoon :open_mouth:

Very simplistic maths, but it`s worked for me over the years :laughing:

The reason I plan to start with maritime is actually they do most of the work and you provide your unit + driver( or drive own ). You don’t have to worry for where to find loads next day or week, or late payments.

Andrey1:
The reason I plan to start with maritime is actually they do most of the work and you provide your unit + driver( or drive own ). You don’t have to worry for where to find loads next day or week, or late payments.

That`s what being a subbie is all about, they sort out the crap, point you in the right direction, and then pay you on time…

But there are far better “customers” out there, in MTL you will come across a certain type of “manager” which would not be out of place in an Estate Agents, dodgy, slimey and looking to have your pants down…#beware

Andrey1:

burnley-si:

all my insuance costs are paid out at the start of the year :wink: , no rent truck is paid for :wink: night out costs? none proper drivers know where to park without paying for it :grimacing: all in all £1215 to be split where ever it needs to go, thats the wifes job :grimacing: :open_mouth: