Going independent

Knightk386:
If some one I no is making a success it’s Nsmith1180. Advice from him is of great value. He is someone I am listening to, haven been there and is doing it.
[/quote

Thanks buddy, head growing very much in progress! I am just glad to help.

1dog:
I’m not really worried too much about setting everything up. Everything is more or less in order, biggest hurdle being passing CPC course. its more how I generate my work which is what beats me up thinking about really. I’m open t any input you have on tis subject area.

I’m not going to be much help on that one I’m afraid as I am in the position of taking the work that’s given to me. My area is full of big boys and long established hauliers, so without a bit of brand recognition I’m not going to be in with much of a prayer of securing decent work so I’m working on getting recognised, getting the standing costs down a bit, (insurance is eyewatering at the moment and I’ve just brought a used trailer so no more rental costs, just depreciation and maintenance which is a fraction of the rental payment.)

I can make a profit on Wincanton/Maritime/BWD etc, not a massive one, but enough to pay me and put a little in the company account so I can afford to take a couple of years getting good at it, before looking for my own work.