Fleet Operators Recognition Scheme (FORS)

I would like to call on other fleet operators to charge for FORS use.
We deliver to building sites in and around London, and are constantly being asked for the level of ‘FORS’, either bronze, silver or gold. Building companies can join FORS, but do not need to pay into it, or in many cases adhere to rules which hauliers must. We have to be audited and receive very little from the scheme, but a company can insist on the standard they accept. I feel, as many small hauliers are struggling to make ends meet, especially with the ‘EURO 6’ looming, when all our vehicles will need to be replaced, and for a lorry with a large loader crane, with a starting cost of around £250,000, we need to claw back some of the revenue, so why not charge extra for the use of FORS. This will not work as one small haulier, but with all haulage companies affected by this, it could make a difference, and after all it would be fair.
To put this into action, I feel that if a company insists on FORS registered hauliers, an extra 10-20% should be charged.

Whilst I do agree with what you are saying I truly believe it will never happen.

The industry is fragmented beyond recognition and there is zero chance everyone will join force to implement these extra charges.

Even if 90% agreed and upped their price and charged for use of FORS, the other 10% would have a field day, keep their prices lower and win everyone’s work.

We do ,it’s just that we don’t itemise it.

I’m sure everybody charges premium rates for FORS/CLOCS only sites.

We charge extra for London work anyway. With the extra bother and risk of parking charges etc.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Perhaps the type of haulage we cover, which is mainly portable accommodation units, must have too many hauliers quoting for the work, even with our regular customers it is difficult to charge extra, and most take the best of three prices, so basically we run in to London and to FORS sites, at the same cost/distance of other non London/FORS sites.

fors can go where the sun doesnt shine :grimacing:

I won’t do London, or fors