Volvo V4 Bluetooth

To any knowledgeable Volvo experts out there - I’ve got a problem with the Bluetooth integrated with the audio system in a 2015 Volvo FH4. It keeps dropping the Bluetooth connection and will not reconnect to any phone, allow phones to be connected or removed. The Bluetooth menu is there but cannot be selected.

A hazard light power down for five minutes will reset the audio system, and start it working again, but within 30 minutes the Bluetooth stops working again.

Anyone else had this issue?

coiler:
To any knowledgeable Volvo experts out there - I’ve got a problem with the Bluetooth integrated with the audio system in a 2015 Volvo FH4. It keeps dropping the Bluetooth connection and will not reconnect to any phone, allow phones to be connected or removed. The Bluetooth menu is there but cannot be selected.

A hazard light power down for five minutes will reset the audio system, and start it working again, but within 30 minutes the Bluetooth stops working again.

Anyone else had this issue?

I had the same problem with mine when i bought a new Samsung phone…

Ended up switching the radio off for about an hour then putting it back on… Not had a problem since…

Don’t know if that was the cure, but it worked for me…

Had same with Samsung J5 phone and new MAN TGX,
ended up the phone itself needs to reg have the updates on it to work truck Bluetooth.

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

Thanks for the replies, but the problem is not with the phone but with the radio in the truck. It won’t detect any phone, paired or not when it’s playing up

Mine does the same thing with an iPhone every couple of months or so.

The only way I’ve found to fix it is to stop the truck. Unpair the phone from the truck and the truck from the phone. Isolate the truck with the switch behind your front offside wheel (for around 1 minute). Turn it back on again. Add / pair the phone with the truck and it should be good for a couple of months.

Hi
Above , as I remember used to work for me as well.
Now got a Next Gen Scania, with same occasional problem !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you tried switching isolater off for a few minutes? My bluetooth plays up every couple of months or so and this cures it. Phone is connected to truck but goes silent and no one can hear me either.

Plus one mine does Tue same and flicking the switch off behind the cab resets the Bluetooth just remember to turn the fridge back on when get back in to the cab

delete all paired fones and try again

Already tried that. According to Volvo it’s a problem already seen and requires a replacement radio unit

we have a couple of fh13, that just de-pair when they want, and v4 too

its a phone thing, as I’ve never had a problem (yet) with my win10 phone,

Had it a few time with my 950xl as said switch at back of cab for 10 seconds to reboot the Bluetooth module so your the other win 10 user

alix776:
Had it a few time with my 950xl as said switch at back of cab for 10 seconds to reboot the Bluetooth module so your the other win 10 user

Yup win10 all the way, just hoping that Microsoft do make another phone, rumours are that they are doing a new phone called “Surface” to run along side new surface tablets, I don’t won’t to go android and definitely not going c’rapple. I-dump.

I know what you mean I’ve switched to an s8 yesterday in fact the apps in use are there on android and it’s learning curve.
But it is slowly dying a death and a surface phone will either be too expensive or enterprise only which is where there going. Having seen the idea they have it’s very good but too far ahead of its time by about 3-4vyears. I’m giving this a week if ibdont get on with it after that it’ll be going back and I’ll go back to my 950xl

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Only downside of a win10 phone is the app store, and everyone says “download our app” sorry can’t do that “why not” because you don’t have a windows app. " o sorry sir" just out of curiosity what operating system does your company IT use " Windows, why sir". Tumbleweed moment on the phone…

Windows is the world’s most widely used system, even used in typoon fighters, Is it me.

biggriffin:
Only downside of a win10 phone is the app store, and everyone says “download our app” sorry can’t do that “why not” because you don’t have a windows app. " o sorry sir" just out of curiosity what operating system does your company IT use " Windows, why sir". Tumbleweed moment on the phone…

Windows is the world’s most widely used system, even used in typoon fighters, Is it me.

No it’s not the fact is they wont support the phone side even Netflix which is a ump won’t work on continuum. Developers will only make apps if the market is there and market share isnt there with Windows mobile 10. The surface phone or whatever it will be, sliverlignt apps won’t be supported only ump so what’s app won’t work in it’s current form, the same goes for many of the current Windows store apps. The OS is in free fall which is a shame as it has a loyal fan base and is a great OS especially for families. however will the fan base risk promises from Ms again remains to be seen 3 times the user base has been promised a great os and it hasn’t materialised.

I just like the fact that its the same as my laptop, and the here maps is brilliant, and all my contacts,photos etc are in the cloud, so if I get a new windows phone or lose my phone, basically tap tap, hello cloud new phone here, everything is back.
Brilliant camera,

Yes the contacts will down load on to the other crapple and android too in the same way