Ripped out suzies cost?

Hi all, just doing a bit of wondering. How much does it cost on average in the case of ripped out suzies in real terms? Like call out charge, labour and loss of job revenue, lost time? I don’t imagine the parts themselves are that expensive? Thanks

It costs more than the price of keeping some spare ones with you :wink:

anything between £150 and a £1000

Carry spares? Change yourself? Can imagine you down round murcia or the likes, boss need a call out here :unamused:

they also fail just because they can, some keep a push fit coupling if snapped and can clean up edges, some carry electrical tape and jubilee clip for small bursts (keep a bungee in the cab to look like its just holding the lines clear of obstructions) some keep spares if for no other reason than better than sitting at the side of the road waiting for hours with all the aggro that blocking a yard or terminal brings.

We fit the “Bessie” quick release air line replacement system :wink:

DHL have [or did have] these on all their kit, that`s where I first saw them in action :open_mouth:

The cost of the lines and suzies… is £130 plus vat. That’s the cost of only parts

Stanley Mitchell:

DHL have [or did have] these on all their kit, that`s where I first saw them in action :open_mouth:

Culina have them too and used to keep a spare set in every wagon, unfortunately some disappeared pretty sharply and allegedly some even ended up on eBay.

bald bloke:

Stanley Mitchell:

Culina have them too and used to keep a spare set in every wagon, unfortunately some disappeared pretty sharply and allegedly some even ended up on eBay.

There are always some clowns that will ■■■■ it up for everybody at every firm :unamused:

I can`t remember how DHL used to keep their spares safe, perhaps their “limpers” were very professional ■■?

One man / One truck keeps everything ship shape, and a weekly check by management keeps everybody on their toes :open_mouth:

Our trucks have bulkhead fittings on the suzie a frame so when they are ripped out you just plug in new one kept behind passengers seat and keep of going.
Weirdly it only ever seems to be the red line that gets wrecked, every now and then the driver goes for all 5!

bald bloke:

Stanley Mitchell:

All in a sealed box now along with bulbs and screwy drivers to change bulbs.
None of this I can’t drive me headlights blown :wink: and full instructions with every box

nick2008:
All in a sealed box now along with bulbs and screwy drivers to change bulbs.

Don’t yet have a full set of spare suzies in mine because I don’t know yet if I am keeping it for the long term, but I do have a kind of fishing tackle box with two of every bulb on the unit and five of every fuse, a screwdriver, a fuse puller and a tyre tread depth gauge in it. When it comes to Mercedes, some of the Suzies are a ■■■■■ to change out, (they deliberately put bolts in the way of releasing the unit end of the suzies) but everyone involved in transport, from the driver to the office tea boy should know how to change bulbs and fuses.

Trickydick:
Our trucks have bulkhead fittings on the suzie a frame so when they are ripped out you just plug in new one kept behind passengers seat and keep of going.
Weirdly it only ever seems to be the red line that gets wrecked, every now and then the driver goes for all 5!

Red line always most likely to go because being pressurised all the time it is less springy/flexible than the yellow

Own Account Driver:

Trickydick:

Red line always most likely to go because being pressurised all the time it is less springy/flexible than the yellow

I suppose they also thought a new red line will get the truck off the road to somewhere safe until a mech gets there to replace them all?
We have sliding suzie rails on the trailers and the suzies tend to catch on them silly idea.

Thanks for the replies, just to be clear it’s not something I’ve done, just something I was wondering the cost of :stuck_out_tongue: