Foreign unit

I’m looking for a left ■■■■■■, and there’s a much better choice in Holland/Belgium, obviously, what would the potential issues be, with buying abroad, and then driving it back?

Check out costs of getting UK plates on it. Eu reg cars coming into the UK need a CoC/Certificate of Conformity and UK test. Trucks I dunno?
If you get problems how will you cope dealing with a dealer hundreds of miles and a ferry crossing away?
What plates/insurance will you use to bring it back?
I’ve no answers to the above, but those may be some questions to ask.

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

I bought my brand new Volvo from one of their garages in Belgium.

Friendly people who’ll go out of their way to help.
They import & export all over the world, so i guess UK wouldn’t be a problem.

Their head office details are below…

Brand new or second hand…

Nebim Groep
Risseweg 36
6004 Weert
 +31 (0)495 58 37 00
info@nebim.eu

nebim.eu/services/used-trucks

There is a language choice once you start looking for trucks…

I quite like this one…

nebimusedtrucks.com/nl/stock/34/444/

I like the gearbox description Geffo:

Gear box - Vending machine
transmission Manufacturer - Volvo

whisperingsmith:
I like the gearbox description Geffo:

Gear box - Vending machine
transmission Manufacturer - Volvo

Where did you read that?
I only looked at the ad in Dutch.

> Geoffo:
> Where did you read that?
> I only looked at the ad in Dutch.

On the English Page - must be auto translate

You will need to register the vehicle to pay VAT

You will need the original registration documents and the CoC (Certificate of Conformity)

The vehicle will be built for Right hand traffic so the headlamps will need changing and the speedo probably won’t read in mph anywhere so both the items will need reciftying.
Headlamps will be expensive but an easy fix.
The speedo will probably have an ecu involved so check with the manufacturer as to the cost
(Both of these items on a new MB will cost about €200 if specified by the euro customer, but £2,000 to put right over here)

You will then need an IVA to agree the headlamps/speedo are sorted, beware an over enthusiastic tester who will try and fail it if it has non factory standard bits fitted, if there are some and you dont want to remove them add them to the IVA application, but you will need supporying docs to prove they are type approved.

Once you have done all that, fill out a blank V5 application and send with the NOVA confirmation, foreign reg doc, IVA, CoC and some ID (utility bill of the company/individual to whom it will be registered) cheque for the tax plus £55 first reg fee and wait at least 10 days with bated breath.

Good luck!