Rates for brick & block work

I’ve been doing some loads carrying bricks on flats (amongst other things) and on my confirmation notes I’ve been earning £1.61 + p/m but as job rates.

Is this about average or low for this type of work as the rates include other types of work that I’m also doing.

I have been paid many times this for “local” jobs that usually are in a 40 - 50 mile radius of the collection point.

Unfortunately there is not enough “local” jobs to do just them everyday.

Does £1.61 only count as a quid per mile because the figure next to the £ sign is a 1?

How long will it be before I’m bankrupt working at these rates ?

:wink: :wink: :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

north surrey haulage:
Does £1.61 only count as a quid per mile because the figure next to the £ sign is a 1?

Obviously. :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :wink: :smiley:

What about the tin of polish, are you paying for that out of your own pocket, or is that on top of the ‘quid a mile?’

I do pay for it out of my business account :laughing: but as I’m a sole trader it amounts to coming out of me pocket :cry:

For the odd .61p I can get 2 mars bars or 1 giant mars & some penny chews

Now, now gentlemen, Leave it! :laughing:

Ahhhh, penny chews. You know I can remember when they did cost a penny. Now they are more like a quid a litre.

:exclamation: Seriously though, have you noticed fuel prices on the slide? 2 of my fuel cards are down below 0.76ppl at present.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Tramper:
:!: Seriously though, have you noticed fuel prices on the slide? 2 of my fuel cards are down below 0.76ppl at present.

I’m paying pump prices on my “cashback” dredit card at the mo’ but I’m gonna start going back over to Belgium soon.

Ah, a quid 61 a mile owner drivers now :bulb: and fuel’s 76p a litre :open_mouth: . So you must be raking it in now and will be a millionaire before the end of the century :open_mouth: . I’m off out to buy a copy of Commercial Motor right now and see what’s the best deal I can get on an £80k glory boy FH12 and a (hopefully working) MOPACC. :unamused:

FFS Rob, what do you want?!

Assuming an average of 8mpg, and 75,000 miles per year, that equates to:

£120,750 Income
£ 32,062.50 fuel
£ 88,687.50

Take out the repayments/trailer hire/tyres wages etc,
If you can’t run a truck for a year on that and still show a profit at the end of it , well…

Well strike me down with a feather :slight_smile: :slight_smile: . 9am tomorrow morning I’m off down that truck dealership :slight_smile: :slight_smile: . All this money on offer and I’ve been missing out all this time :open_mouth: :open_mouth: . Of course Sean’s figures really are that simple :slight_smile: :unamused: :slight_smile: :unamused: .

:slight_smile:

:unamused:

Just got back in Sean loaded up for tomorrow doing the oak trunks as you know that is paying £1.69 :open_mouth: so the odd 69p I will be using to buy the cans for the diesel in Belgium :slight_smile:

Seriously though as Sean knows we are getting way above the norm on the contract and now we are doing the Xmas tree’s it gets even better as big load but low weight :astonished:

See you during the week mate :wink: :wink: :unamused:

But surely even at £1.61 a mile you don’t have to pay the forkie on plot one to deliver the blocks to plots 2-11 do you :laughing:

Toytown:
But surely even at £1.61 a mile you don’t have to pay the forkie on plot one to deliver the blocks to plots 2-11 do you :laughing:

I’m sure that is counted as extra drops for which we recieve extra money per drop

Rob K:
Ah, a quid 61 a mile owner drivers now :bulb: and fuel’s 76p a litre :open_mouth: . So you must be raking it in now and will be a millionaire before the end of the century :open_mouth: . I’m off out to buy a copy of Commercial Motor right now and see what’s the best deal I can get on an £80k glory boy FH12 and a (hopefully working) MOPACC. :unamused:

I dont think it would be a good idea for you to become an O/D Rob as you havn’t got the right temprement for it.
It can be very stressful at times & flying off the handle will get you nowhere except a bed in hospital with a heart attack.
Also it requires a certain level of commitment & given your track record (you cant just change your mind in 3 - 6 months) I dont think you have it.

Thats not meant as an insult but O/D’s tend to be a certain breed.
They are normally:-focused,go getters,independant adventurous & enjoy a challenge etc etc

north surrey haulage:

Rob K:

I dont think it would be a good idea for you to become an O/D Rob as you havn’t got the right temprement for it.
It can be very stressful at times & flying off the handle will get you nowhere except a bed in hospital with a heart attack.
Also it requires a certain level of commitment & given your track record (you cant just change your mind in 3 - 6 months) I dont think you have it.

Thats not meant as an insult but O/D’s tend to be a certain breed.
They are normally:-focused,go getters,independant adventurous & enjoy a challenge etc etc

:open_mouth: For once, I completely agree with you, although in all honesty that’s what I’ve been saying all along if you’ve read my posts. All the hassle involved for what is imho a relatively small return for the work involved is not my cup of tea at all, but on the other side of the coin I do understand that there are those of you who do like a challenge - or should that read ‘born to be a glutton for punishment’ - but I don’t see why you put up with it, especially with all the probs you’ve had with your motor and souped up aircon box. Each to their own I s’pose.

Me, I like an easy life.

I’m genuinely glad to hear you’ve sorted out some half-decent paying work now too :slight_smile:

Rob K:
:open_mouth: For once, I completely agree with you, although in all honesty that’s what I’ve been saying all along if you’ve read my posts. All the hassle involved for what is imho a relatively small return for the work involved is not my cup of tea at all, but on the other side of the coin I do understand that there are those of you who do like a challenge - or should that read ‘born to be a glutton for punishment’ - but I don’t see why you put up with it, especially with all the probs you’ve had with your motor and souped up aircon box. Each to their own I s’pose.

Me, I like an easy life.

Well maybe you could’ve phrased your posts a bit better instead of resorting to implying other members were lying (for which you have never appolgised) or making cheap childish remarks when the argument doesn’t go your way.

Robk:
I’m genuinely glad to hear you’ve sorted out some half-decent paying work now too :slight_smile:

I’ve been on these rates since before you started the “How are you coping” thread.
While I thank you for the sentiment I notice with a certain curiosty that when you say something nice you writing shrinks

Sean - You’re not really going to start running over the water are you?? :open_mouth:
We all go over there to get away from the likes of you! :stuck_out_tongue: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Love ya really big fella! :stuck_out_tongue: :laughing:

ianyng:
Sean - You’re not really going to start running over the water are you??

:open_mouth: Where’d that come from:?:

If I did start running over the water I’d make sure I didn’t get on the same boat as you.
With our Jonah luck combined in one place it’d probably sink:!::shock:

luv u 2 babe :wink:

north surrey haulage:
I’m paying pump prices on my “cashback” dredit card at the mo’ but I’m gonna start going back over to Belgium soon.

It came from here. :unamused:

I can get you some good work going to Cyprus if you want… :wink: :laughing:
Cheap derv in Bulgaria! :laughing: