Tachograph reader

Can anyone recommend a simple card reader, which when connected to a desktop computer, displays your current data, hours driven, rest, breaks etc

Hades3000:
Can anyone recommend a simple card reader, which when connected to a desktop computer, displays your current data, hours driven, rest, breaks etc

DigiVU+ from tachometer-176 quid. Downloads cards and unit.

Tachomaster analysis. £1 per active driver per week.

Can’t get much better than that.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Thanks, but I don’t need the unit download just the card. I am not an operator just a driver who wants accurate data for personal records

Hades3000:
Thanks, but I don’t need the unit download just the card. I am not an operator just a driver who wants accurate data for personal records

In that case mate, any and all information that you require is easily accessible through the Tacho unit itself. Hours worked, breaks, driving time, POA, rest periods etc are all there at the push of a button.

You need both a card reader and software.

An Omnikey 3121 is probably about the cheapest card reader for driver tachograph cards.

The software, of which there are several programmes, will cost considerably more.

If you really want to keep your own records you may consider buying some tachograph thermal printing paper and doing daily printouts and entering the data into a spreadsheet.

Alternatively you could, after purchasing a card reader, use Tachomaster for £1 per week.