How much is a new truck

I’m interested in the cost of a man tractor unit more so how do they compare

I think MAN is a truck you lease, rather than buy.

Wouldn’t buy a man they get to 400k to 500k and that’s it lease it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are still quite a few all MAN fleets around that purchase outright. If your buying them regular to a similar spec and getting a subsequent good price then running and maintaining them right they are a very cost effective option against pretty much all other brands in the market place.

Keeping them for around 5-6 years maximum though/ or less dependent on higher mileage!

I think all modern trucks are fairly reliable if you know what your doing and have the right mix of people and equipment.

Hi

I have about 30 MAN’s on the fleet, all purchased, non leased.

Don’t have any over 400K kms, but the only MAN’s that don’t survive 400-500K kms are the EGR, Non Adblue variety which run too hot, prices are astronomical, but MAN usually pay the bills if its less than five years old.

You will see loads of fairly late ones written off as the parts to fix them are too dear.

To my mind you need nothing but dealer maintenance with MAN’s - they need the right oil, at the right time and the valves checked every oil change.

The SCR trucks are a different kettle of fish, as reliable as they come, and the D38 engines probably the absolute best.

I have 440, 480, 500, 560 and 580 engines, all faultless, and brilliant trucks which compete with the DAF, Mercs etc we run.

Anyhow, new MAN’s now come with four years warranty, three comprehensive years and the fourth driveline only.

Haggle over price, although they are not that cheap - unless you fancy an XLX cab, then go onto MAN Top Used website to find an ex demo with not a lot more than delivery mileage, perhaps six months old for around 57K or less.

Late low mileage XXL cabs are like rocking horse ■■■!

My office is inside a MAN dealership, so we know of the problems, even if we don’t experience them ourselves!

Cheers

Tony

I was qouted 89k for an XXL midlift 560 last year

knowall:
Hi

I have about 30 MAN’s on the fleet, all purchased, non leased.

Don’t have any over 400K kms, but the only MAN’s that don’t survive 400-500K kms are the EGR, Non Adblue variety which run too hot, prices are astronomical, but MAN usually pay the bills if its less than five years old.

You will see loads of fairly late ones written off as the parts to fix them are too dear.

To my mind you need nothing but dealer maintenance with MAN’s - they need the right oil, at the right time and the valves checked every oil change.

The SCR trucks are a different kettle of fish, as reliable as they come, and the D38 engines probably the absolute best.

I have 440, 480, 500, 560 and 580 engines, all faultless, and brilliant trucks which compete with the DAF, Mercs etc we run.

Anyhow, new MAN’s now come with four years warranty, three comprehensive years and the fourth driveline only.

Haggle over price, although they are not that cheap - unless you fancy an XLX cab, then go onto MAN Top Used website to find an ex demo with not a lot more than delivery mileage, perhaps six months old for around 57K or less.

Late low mileage XXL cabs are like rocking horse ■■■!

My office is inside a MAN dealership, so we know of the problems, even if we don’t experience them ourselves!

Cheers

Tony

Great info Tony.
Thank you.