Truck Speed

kr79:

OVLOV JAY:

norb:

OVLOV JAY:
Get it recalibrated. Use an independent rather than a main dealer, as they’re cheaper and I don’t trust main dealer calibration as they have an incentive to make the trucks slower, as to trick the fuel figures in the manufacturers favour. Use a set of ■■■■■■■■■■■■ recuts for the maximum gains

I don’t know where you heard that one about dealers and manufacturers fuel figures…But it made me laugh…Our rollers and programmer is automated to cut it down short when we get to the rolling road side …we press a button that say guess what rolling road …We then accelerate to 50kph ,whilst the programmers measures the tyre L FACTOR ,once that figure has been calculated it then calculates the K / W FACTOR ,its next instruction is to stop the vehicle as it sends the figure to the tacho…So there is no manual input whatsoever by the lad doing the tacho…The equiptment is checked /calibrated every 6 months by an outside agency …So I think that story should stay in the RDC waiting room :smiley: :smiley: :unamused:

No rdc bull, every truck we’ve had from our local Volvo dealers has done 54mph flat out, showing 56mph. Got told that by the bloke doing the 2 year check on my last truck. They won’t address the problem as they like the false fuel readings as it brings punters back every year with another million or two. 2mph out is worth almost 0.8mpg in the dealers favour. I’m not saying it’s every dealer, just what I’ve seen first hand with our local dealers. To be fair, most volvos that come out of crossroads seem to be flying machines, as do all the dafs, mans and renaults in our area. Usually if you see a Volvo on a Kent registration, under 2 years old, you’ll fly past it :wink:

How comes your mob get them from Kent mc is on your door

We buy them from mc in Thurrock, but all their new trucks are registered, pdi’d and calibrated at Hythe