New on board..Info on Mercedes 814 ecopower 7.5t

caledoniandream:
Them and the 7.5ton MAN are defiantly the better offers, would take them any time over a Daf 45 or worse Iveco Cargo, full airbrakes and good sturdy chassis and interiors.
And yes a 5 speed and approx 140 BNP never is going to blast you home, but you will get there.

Never understood why all these horsebox people are going for old DAF and Iveco’s with air over hydraulic, rotting chassis and shock absorbers mounts cracking or rotting off.
The Germans offer a much better option.

By the way if you can buy a 12 tonnes of 15 tonnes with a more powerful engine, and downplate it, you end up with a better truck with bigger brakes and bigger wheels.

I can’t remember the exact model designation, but it might have been a Merc 1111 which had an unnecessarily fiendishly complicated braking set up. I may be thinking of two different models however, in which one had a bird’s nest of springs and linkages inside the brake drums - rather like the 1313 Ford Cargo - and the other had an hydraulic over air over hydraulic operating system. Whether you got both on the same abortion I can’t recall.