New truck price

Just for info what truck most expensive and cheapest.Yes price depend from services,warranty but anyway basic price if company buy just 1-2 truck per years.How big discount can be if buy 10-20 truck per years?What about trailers price.

Trucks - from a couple of grand for a million miler to ST60 CAT, a PlantSpeed Actros SVT which trucking magazine cost. £300k +. I’m sure there are some more expensive options out there.

Same for trailers. You can get a fixer-upper skelly on eBay for three grand or some of the heavy haulage and wind turbine jobbies will cost more than a LaFerrari.

Discounts vary depending on dealer, model and how serious the salesman judges you to be. For example you will likely see a stronger discount on an Actros 2545 than a 2551 because dealers hold 2545s in stock. For quick delivery and want to shift them off the balance sheet. What you should be asking is TCO or Total Cost of Ownership because there’s little point in saving 3k on a truck if a different truck would save you 2.5k a year in diesel.

I’ve recently found that the guys on this particular part of the forum are knowledgeable, friendly and willing to help but they need something a little more specific. What are going to be doing with the truck? Where are you going to be running it? Do you have an unexplained love for Iveco, or a deep seated disgust for Mercedes? When are you looking at starting and are you all set with funding, O-licence etc?

Take a look at a few of my posts on here. They give detail and context before asking a simple question; these are my options, would you do a or B? These questions get answered quickly, and with detailed explanations. They also tend to throw out the odd curve ball you never expected.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Yes.But simply who is cheapest in basic model without any extra.

Chinese truck Hino, not the prettiest but does the job.
Renault Premium, I was in a hired one and sad to take it back, pulled well , the narrow cab is ideal for tight entrances or farms .
If you tall, not much bunk space but a good truck .
Renault Magnum, huge cab but be careful jumping out for a wee in the night and fall out .

The answer is not as simple as you think it is. Each manufacturer will select what they consider to be their basic specification model and set a price for it. Unless the specifications are the same then you cannot really compare one make with another unless you try to value each component.

Unless a company is ordering in significant numbers per year then they will not be getting a manufacturer prompted discount, they will be relying upon what the dealer can offer. What the dealer will offer will depend on what he has either in stock or on order. This will vary from one town to another and one dealer group to another for the same spec vehicle.

The remaining life of a particular model line, or a particular specification will have a considerable influence upon ultimate sale price, particularly when someone is left with stocks of the superseded model. In that instance their higher spec vehicle may well be cheaper than another’s base model.

You will possibly find that any simple, fairly uninformed opinion-based answer can conclude that either Iveco or Renault will be the cheapest advertised price, with that being based upon perceived reputation. Trailer prices will be again dependent on specification, the larger companies who order will be not just deciding which tyre they want fitted, but whose axles and brakes are used; even for the supposedly bog standard 13.6 metre curtainsider.

This post a short while ago referred to a long term vehicle comparison test carried out in Germany which did try to come to a slightly different conclusion. This may help to explain why there is no simple answer to your question and why purchase price is only a minor factor in the equation.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=145433&p=2297545&hilit=+scania#p2297501