75£/Week for a spot to park an artic. Is it too much?

Hi everyone,

I am just about to start my own transport operation and currently looking for yard space to park a unit and a trailer. The best offer I was able to get so far was 75£/week/unit-trailer combination near Luton and 35£/week/unit-trailer combination around the Coventry area. I would like to know please that would you guys consider that a good quote, or am I being overcharged?

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,

Lucas

Best I could find in Sheffield area was £50 per week so Luton looks about right due to proximity to London and Coventry looks like a steal to me.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

nsmith1180:
Best I could find in Sheffield area was £50 per week so Luton looks about right due to proximity to London and Coventry looks like a steal to me.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Thank you Nick.

We pay £35 per week in South Wales for a single tractor/trailer. 30 day contract.

Castillidie:
We pay £35 per week in South Wales for a single tractor/trailer. 30 day contract.

Thank you Castillidie.

Unless you intend on being out all week then you are going to want your parking close to your home and your customers, whether one yard is £40 more than the other will be neither here nor there once you get going. Dead mileage and wasted time are going to matter both for your health and financially.

cav551:
Unless you intend on being out all week then you are going to want your parking close to your home and your customers, whether one yard is £40 more than the other will be neither here nor there once you get going. Dead mileage and wasted time are going to matter both for your health and financially.

Definitely go for the most convenient location, not the cheapest price.

Costs vary depending on what security arrangements (if any) are available.

People tend to profiteer a bit when it’s an operating centre parking space. If you just want to park up trailers you can usually do it for buttons.

cav551:

Thank you for the reply. You have raised excellent points. There is no point looking at the pennies when on the other end loosing the pounds.

a yard in dorset looks for £85 a week unit and trailer, good security and busy yard but as previous post say is it right for your operation, customers etc.

Try Pjm truck stop by Coventry airport 24 hour security, CCTV .

I pay £250.00 per month just to Park a trailer, in the South East, just inside the M25

nyk473l:
I pay £250.00 per month just to Park a trailer, in the South East, just inside the M25

And thats why! Might be more cost effective to look for somewhere just outside the M25 and run in the extra couple of miles.

cav551:

This post is spot on. Security is also another issue. Parking up with high value loads has to be a big consideration. If there s a gateman with a hound from hell its worth paying the extra…

AndrewG:

cav551:

This post is spot on. Security is also another issue. Parking up with high value loads has to be a big consideration. If there s a gateman with a hound from hell its worth paying the extra…

Thank you Andrew!

Does anyone know anywhere in Newcastle for parking