External transport manager contract

Hello peeps i am hoping someone can help with advice etc been driving for 15 odd years worked in various bluechip companies etc etc anyway have now done my transport manager cpc and am looking for advice with regards to being peoples external tm prob go along the route of own unit as well but did read a blogg refarding contracts has anyone got one i can get and modify for my own use please and any advice on indemnity insurance or anyhelp whatsoever would be greatly apreciated and thank you in advance

External transport manager’s declaration:
I confirm that:
ï‚·
I am resident in the European Community;
ï‚·
I shall perform my tasks solely in the interests of the licence holder/applicant;
ï‚·
I shall be the transport manager for a maximum of 4 operators, with a combined maximum total fleet of 50 vehicles; and
ï‚·
I have a contract with the licence holder/applicant which specifies the tasks I must perform as transport manager. These include:
o
The making of arrangements to ensure that drivers comply with drivers’ hours and tachograph rules and with speed limits
TM1 6
o
The making of arrangements to ensure that the vehicles are maintained properly, including the inspection of vehicles at the appropriate time and the action taken to remedy defects found;
o
The reporting and recording of vehicle defects by drivers;
o
The method of compilation and the accuracy of all records, which must be kept for a period of not less than 15 months;
o
The making of arrangements to ensure that the vehicle/s are not overloaded;
o
Ensuring that authorised vehicles will be kept at the authorised operating centre(s) when not in use;
o
Where appropriate, notifying the relevant traffic commissioner (in writing) of all prosecutions and convictions concerning the operator, the drivers and me within 28 days of the court hearing;
o
Notifying the relevant traffic commissioner of my resignation; and
o
Any role that I have in:

Verifying contracts and documents;

Basic accounting;

Any other role in safety procedures.
Should I fail to meet any of the above requirements I understand that the traffic commissioner has the power to disqualify me from being a transport manager in any European Union country.

See that in an old post don’t know if it helps or not

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hiscocks do professional indemnity insurance about £150 a year for TMs. Professional indemnity insurance

Most important things in your contract are: fees, contract duration and termination clauses. Your strongest bargaining is at the start of your contract not when you are appointed as TM. An operator can drop their TM with no negative impact, quite the reverse. If you quit because they don’t pay you they can apply to the TC to have a 6 month period of grace to replace you, during this time they don’t have to pay anybody anything. You must have a contract that you can use to sue for your fees after the event. If you don’t feel you can write your own contract maybe you are not ready.

If you want to be TM to ODs who have lots of experience as drivers themselves, then you may be okay. But I think you should work as a TM first before offering your services to others, the CPC exam doesn’t cover much.

Just my thoughts