MAN TGA issue with LED Lights

We operate a large fleet of trailers but all of our haulage is outsourced so we only have a shunt vehicle which is a 57 plate MAN TGA, we have recently had LED rear lights fitted on one of our trailers which is causing issues with our unit, for some reason the indicators randomly flicker every 20 seconds or so however if one of our hauliers hooks up with a newer vehicle it’s absolutely fine. The challenge this presents is that we take our trailers for MOT with our shunt vehicle so we need to get this issue rectified.

Any suggestions as to what might cause this to happen?

Does the lights still flicker if you use the light learning switch in the cab after you have initially coupled the unit? I seem to remember the unit recognises the presence of a trailer through the indicator circuit resistance. LED lamps are low current draw but usually have a resistor to up the current draw for light failure systems. We were told you need to do a light test every time you swap trailers, which includes checking all the trailer lights work so, two birds with one stone.

Gaz I think DAF also had that issue,if my memory serves me correctly though I will double check next week it is down to the led’s not being to a certain code standard