Iveco Eurocargo cab rocker switches

Hi there, we have just bought a 2008 Eurocargo 75e16 horsebox and was wondering if anyone could help with either a link to a PDF for the operators manual or advise as to the rocker switches on the central dash, there are two on there, the right hand switch operates the exhaust braking alternating between brake pedal activation and released accelerator activation. There is another rocker switch to the left of that that has similar symbols on (footbrake etc) but dosent seem to change anything, any ideas what its purpose is,
Thanks in advance, Dan

Post a picture of the offending switch if possible please Dan. A fair few of us have been unfortunate enough to have driven Ivecos in the past, so a pic may jog some memories.

the one on the left

Ok Dan, the one on the left (if it’s still working, bearing in mind that this is an Iveco) means that when activated the exhaust brake should activate every time time the brake pedal is pressed. The intention was for them to act in unison and actually was very effective. Problem being after a certain age it doesn’t act as intended.

the maoster:
Ok Dan, the one on the left (if it’s still working, bearing in mind that this is an Iveco) means that when activated the exhaust brake should activate every time time the brake pedal is pressed. The intention was for them to act in unison and actually was very effective. Problem being after a certain age it doesn’t act as intended.

Thanks Maoster but its the toggle on the right that activates the exhaust brake,(at least on this truck!) switch it one way and the exhaust brake comes on when the brake pedal is pressed and knock it the other way and it comes on when you release the gas pedal, central location switches it off, the switch on the left doesn’t seem to have any effect on anything in any position! (could be as you say its an Iveco so probably dosent work after 11 years!!) Only picked the truck up today and was playing with it on the way home trying to get some sort of a reaction out of it but to no avail?!

I have had a look at an electrical manual for an older version which has a different dash layout. This appears to have two very similar switch logos, one to work the exhaust brake and one to work the retarder, both offering the ability to toggle operation from the brake pedal. Apart from noticing that the righthand of your switches seems to have been fitted upside down by someone, I would assume that your vehicle does not have a retarder but does have the switch. Whether any vehicles had both auxiliary braking systems fitted I don’t know.

Alternatively it is possible someone has used the incorrect switch in the l/h position for a circuit which is not readily noticeable when in operation: eg heated windscreen.

cav551:
I have had a look at an electrical manual for an older version which has a different dash layout. This appears to have two very similar switch logos, one to work the exhaust brake and one to work the retarder, both offering the ability to toggle operation from the brake pedal. Apart from noticing that the righthand of your switches seems to have been fitted upside down by someone, I would assume that your vehicle does not have a retarder but does have the switch. Whether any vehicles had both auxiliary braking systems fitted I don’t know.

Alternatively it is possible someone has used the incorrect switch in the l/h position for a circuit which is not readily noticeable when in operation: eg heated windscreen.

Thanks cav551, that would make sense, it either doesn’t work or isn’t fitted!! I did notice the right switch was upside down last night, it is now facing the right way up!!

Have you got heated mirrors ? is there wires going to mirrors if so I think the old switch went and they just replaced it with any switch to hand
if you can wait till monay night I will post a pic of my works 7.5 flat bed switches as that’s a 57 plt with toys like heated mirrors and front fog lights