MAN TGX

Franglais:

Juddian:
They’ve only got to turn the clock back 20 years and MAN’s like they were then and before, pretty well unbreakable, nothing fashionable about them nor much driver appeal like a Swedish motor festooned in accessories, but always well screwed together and could take the hammering, always cost a fortune for bits mind.

Quite so. Two or three decades ago they had a good reputation for reliability, and maybe not as desirable as a Swedish truck, they were still well respected. Didn`t some of them have a walk through cab with an overdrive box on a column change?

True that. ^^^^^^

The old ones were fast, quiet and reliable.

My buddy drove one of those W&D Juddian with the motor slung under the chassis behind the cab and he loved it. All he had was wind noise back when trucks made real noise both inside and out.

As said the cabs were not snazzy but very functional and good to work and live in, a bit like a VW Golf.
The last one in our yard was a TGA, bulletproof for over 10 years and 1.3 million km but unfortunately not crash proof. A great cab too except for that rediculous top side window.

Never drove an auto MAN but ZF auto is well behind the pack in refinement and slowly improving I’m told.

I’m with Hubman on a great second hand purchase provided you avoid the egr, the experiment that simply didn’t work out.

If I were ever to buy my own motor the clever money would go on a used MAN or Renault starting out.