weekend work?

Hello,

does anyone know of companies that have weekend work in east anglia area?

obviously i will be approaching multiple companies searching for week-day work, just wondering if there is any pattern that applies to weekend work?

cheers

Any and all of the refrigerated hauliers of which there are several in east Anglia

May be Maritime. They run out of Felixtowe.

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

cheers

Try Waller transport or GMA transport .
Or move trailers that arrive from Holland for delivering in the UK from ports .
UKI expresss ltd another option .

toby1234abc:
Try Waller transport or GMA transport .
UKI expresss ltd another option .

Thank you for the leads.

i was actually thinking of pulling Holland trailer. What is the right way to get in touch with them? Just phoning whatever is written on the trailer (DailyFresh, FreshLine, etc) or is there a more clever way?

regards

Or the Dutch bulk silo blower tankers, Van Bentum silver/blue trailers .
UK delivery, collect at the port .

Im looking for weekend work in Tilbury area, I have asked Maritime but save their weekend work for their dedicated subby’s and Solstor are not currently looking.

toby1234abc:
Or the Dutch bulk silo blower tankers, Van Bentum silver/blue trailers .
UK delivery, collect at the port .

Are`nt the cab fitted blowers around £15/20k ?, and they take 120 days to pay ?

I`m sure somebody mentioned this before :unamused:

Might be wrong :wink:

toby1234abc:

i am still unsure whom i am suppose to contact to pull holland trailers? overseas companies or is there someone in the UK who subs that sort of work ?

gingerfold:
Any and all of the refrigerated hauliers of which there are several in east Anglia

What he said,
I see Banham Poultry trucks leaving their site 24hrs a day, 7days a week.

And have you tried, Star, Foulgers or Bartrums, all local to you?

i did, thanks Muckles, Banham don’t have enough work to subcontract and the others are general haulage companies and normally get an agency driver if they have weekend work (worked weekends for all of them)

muckles:

gingerfold:

What he said,
I see Banham Poultry trucks leaving their site 24hrs a day, 7days a week.

And have you tried, Star, Foulgers or Bartrums, all local to you?

Don’t know about Star but Bartums stand about 50 of their own units every weekend so will just use an agency driver if work comes in. Foulgers is now part of a massive group so will probably give out work to other group partners.

Try Maritime Distribution rather than container, its all supermarket RDCs out of Felixstowe but its better to have wheels turning to an RDC than stood for 45 hours.

On the DailyFresh point, its an alliance of a number of foreign hauliers so you probably won’t find a number for them. From what I know of PostKogekko they are reasonable rates but on 30 day terms Unfortunately I don’t have contact details for them. Sorry.

Try BAP and MARExports out of Felixstowe, they seem to be 24/7 operations and have very few vehicles of their own.

Thanks Nick, just phone and non of them use subcontractors

Priest:
i did, thanks Muckles, Banham don’t have enough work to subcontract and the others are general haulage companies and normally get an agency driver if they have weekend work (worked weekends for all of them)

Yep being local to the area I would have guessed you’d tried the local firms.