DAF XF Superspace to 80tonne

Hi,

Need an 80 tonne tractor unit,dont know whether to buy or upgrade what we have. DAF XF Superspace 510 Euro 5

Can anyone shed some light on whats involved and some provisional costs?

Thanks

Check the Malcolm Harrison website, there is a few 80 tonne and other STGO tractor units in the Heanor Haulage auction coming up shortly. Up to the 65 reg plate too I think.

Would need to be a twin wheel tag to start with to get near 80 ton so if yours isnt theres not a lot you can do with it

Pretty rare machines I would say, I can only recall one 510XF with double drive and hub reduction and heavy chassis after 8 yrs at the daf dealer.

You could try MV commercials at Livingston. They were knocking them out, brand new at 80t, with twin wheel tags at a pretty reasonable price.
Before they are any good in day to day work though, you have to find someone who will doctor the suspension air pressures, and allow a higher load on the drive axle than what is permitted by the factory settings. Otherwise, they will skid on a Snitter! ! (The ones they have are not super space, in case that makes a difference)