Waste Carrier Licence

Hu Guys,

Its all getting closer for me, O-Center now arranged, Interim TM lined up, GV79 almost ready to go. Time to sort out some of the sundry items, registering with the ICO, EA etc. I have a question if you chaps and chapesses can help:

I will be company three in the chain so:

Company A has the contract with the customer —> Subcontracts that work out to Company B —> Supplies me Company C with work.

Company A has its own Waste Carriers Licence. —> Company B also has a Waste Carriers Licence → Do I need one too or as Co. A owns the trailer, does theirs cover me?

I know it sounds a little nit-picking but given that carriage of wastes, and even then only recyclable paper etc will make up probably 5% of my annual business on a bad year, Ill avoid paying the £250 if I can.

As far as i know you will need a licence as it’s YOU that owns the lorry that’s carrying the load on the road. We have a main haulier we use at work but all their subbies have their own carriers licences that we put on our system. In fact as we move waste every haulier coming in or out should have their own carriers licence.

On the flipside of that a lot of hauliers say we’re the only ones to ask, so if your motor is plain or in the same livery as the other companies you could just say i’m from company A, B or whoever and no one would question it or even ask to see your licence :wink:

But probably best to get one yourself to cover all bases.

RB84:
As far as i know you will need a licence as it’s YOU that owns the lorry that’s carrying the load on the road. We have a main haulier we use at work but all their subbies have their own carriers licences that we put on our system. In fact as we move waste every haulier coming in or out should have their own carriers licence.

On the flipside of that a lot of hauliers say we’re the only ones to ask, so if your motor is plain or in the same livery as the other companies you could just say i’m from company A, B or whoever and no one would question it or even ask to see your licence :wink:

Thanks RB84. That’s kind of what I feared but expected.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

RB84:

I had the same issue. The Company that owns the trailer and have the contract for the work have their own waste carriers licence, but the loading point refused to load me. Therefore had to get my own licence.

nsmith1180:
Hu Guys,

Its all getting closer for me, O-Center now arranged, Interim TM lined up, GV79 almost ready to go. Time to sort out some of the sundry items, registering with the ICO, EA etc. I have a question if you chaps and chapesses can help:

I will be company three in the chain so:

Company A has the contract with the customer —> Subcontracts that work out to Company B —> Supplies me Company C with work.

Company A has its own Waste Carriers Licence. —> Company B also has a Waste Carriers Licence → Do I need one too or as Co. A owns the trailer, does theirs cover me?

I know it sounds a little nit-picking but given that carriage of wastes, and even then only recyclable paper etc will make up probably 5% of my annual business on a bad year, Ill avoid paying the £250 if I can.

I renewed mine last year @ £105 for three years, this was a sweetner to renew early, but It was still only £154 if I waited to till the death to renew :open_mouth:

They are easy to deal with, and are in your neck of the woods @ S9 4WF

The company I work for is the middle part of the chain you describe above. Everyone we subbie the work to has to have a waste carriers licence as they are not covered by ours.

I know this as we sent a subbie in who had his WCL revoked without us knowing and was refused the load which cost us (and then them) £300 in KPI charges.