New Class 1 driver for hire... Please help!

Good afternoon,

Firstly I apologise in advance as I am aware that this is the owner/operator board and therefore understand if this post is off topic for you guys, that you may delete it or just choose to ignore it. But, I would however be VERY grateful if someone could lend me your eyes, mind and experience to assist some fresh meat into the industry.

My name is Rob, I am a 33 year old married father of 2 wonderful boys, Michael & Theo. I have held my Cat’s C & D since 2012/2013 and have been lucky with experience in Grab/Tipper/Skip/Chiller/Recovery and Curtain sides. I also hold a Counter-Balance FLT by the way.

I recently passed my Class 1 (Four days training, first time pass). I am really trying to find someone that is willing to give a bloke a shot in the big leagues and help me develop myself as an HGV driver. I have a can do attitude, and pride myself on my customer facing ability. I have CPC & Digi Card, and of course the license. I also have the 5 FORS E-Learning Modules completed as a brucey bonus.

Unfortunately, with many employers this seems to be insufficient, as I do NOT have 2yrs Artic’ experience. I do naturally appreciate that this is basically down to insurance premiums and understand that this is not down to the operators themselves.

I really am keen to further my career within the industry and would like to eventually progress into Heavy Haulage, O/S loads etc.

My family & I would definatly consider relocation for the right opportunity, as it seems opportunities in SW London & Surrey are limited further still.

I would really appreciate hearing from any of you well versed, industry experienced people that could provide me with advice, experience, contacts or better still… A job would be fantastic! :wink:

I hope I have not caused any offence by posting on your board, and thank you all kindly for your time.