New war on diesl

I am puzzled lord mayor on telly today talks about all the deaths ect from diesel vehicles in his overcrowded city.I thought we were all living longer ,why not hold more large events outside the capital , forget about the third runway ,all those people in the capital who have these ailments he has given you the ok to sue :laughing:

If he doesnā€™t like London, he could always ā– ā– ā– ā–  off back to where he comes from. :stuck_out_tongue:

Just to be a pedantic ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  heā€™s no the Lord Mayor, thatā€™s a different guy altogether, heā€™s just the Mayor.

Sapper

fuse:
I am puzzled lord mayor on telly today talks about all the deaths ect from diesel vehicles in his overcrowded city.I thought we were all living longer ,why not hold more large events outside the capital , forget about the third runway ,all those people in the capital who have these ailments he has given you the ok to sue :laughing:

+1

He supports the idea of forcing ever increasing amounts of population and infrastructure into a small finite area of the country.Then moans about all the inevitable downsides.The result being that weā€™ve got the contradiction of greens moaning about diesel but being against a ban in favour of cleaner petrol/LPG only because they think that diesel means less non existent global warming.Then they moan about pollution but also want more airport expansion because they think that means more jobs.Then they moan that theyā€™ve got too many people wanting to be housed wanting to live in London but they donā€™t want to live in a high rise block so they want to live in Surrey or Sussex or Hertfordshire etc and call that London.Muppets. :imp:

If it`s that bad down there, how come the ā€œwildlifeā€ seems to prosper, the fox population is growing faster than the imported baby machines :unamused:

The deer look to be quite contented in Richmond Park, which is right under the flight path :wink:

Just say`in like ā€¦

Carryfast:

fuse:

+1

He supports the idea of forcing ever increasing amounts of population and infrastructure into a small finite area of the country.Then moans about all the inevitable downsides.The result being that weā€™ve got the contradiction of greens moaning about diesel but being against a ban in favour of cleaner petrol/LPG only because they think that diesel means less non existent global warming.Then they moan about pollution but also want more airport expansion because they think that means more jobs.Then they moan that theyā€™ve got too many people wanting to be housed wanting to live in London but they donā€™t want to live in a high rise block so they want to live in Surrey or Sussex or Hertfordshire etc and call that London.Muppets. :imp:

I often disagree with you Carryfast, but on this occasion, you`ve hit the nail squarely on the head. Lack of coherent strategy from all thinkers about transport of people and especially goods around 21st century cities.

Countless politicians tell us how the population in London is growing and what a great thing it is. However they have forgot we need to build houses schools hospitals and the infrastructure to get people about.
Itā€™s a complete joke and the last few years London has become a hell hole.
Everywhere is so crowded the transport system and schools and hospitals are at breaking point.
Itā€™s such a shame as in many ways itā€™s a great city with so much to offer and do

Well done I knew there was an error .the penny did not drop ā€¦lord mayor

kr79:
Countless politicians tell us how the population in London is growing and what a great thing it is. However they have forgot we need to build houses schools hospitals and the infrastructure to get people about.
Itā€™s a complete joke and the last few years London has become a hell hole.
Everywhere is so crowded the transport system and schools and hospitals are at breaking point.
Itā€™s such a shame as in many ways itā€™s a great city with so much to offer and do

How can its unsustainable population growth be a ā€˜great thingā€™ when the place is already an over populated ā€˜hell holeā€™ choking on its own pollution.With the only way to house everyone living there being to put them into high rise tenement blocks where most of them donā€™t want to live.Or as I said taking out yet more of what remains of the countryside of the counties around the place,causing their population to flee and then calling that London where the whole process starts again.Just as the muppets have done throughout history.

As for the social provision being at breaking point.Maybe thatā€™s the reason why the government is so keen on having loads of the countryā€™s population living in one small part of the country.IE a big scam to cut social spending per head of population.As opposed to what theyā€™d need to spend given a much wider distribution of population across the country. :bulb:

I donā€™t think itā€™s good myself but thatā€™s what the media the mayor and those in charge tell us.
Like you I donā€™t actually live in London I live in the county of Essex but I live inside the m25. We are seeing more building as London becomes more populated.
We need to look at spreading business and industury out of the south east before it grinds to a total stop.

I was born and bred in South London, living there through the 60s,70s,80s and 90s. The last 10 years of that time I saw a huge decline. The area I lived in went from a reasonably nice area with an average mix of cultures and social groups, to a complete (zb) hole! A run down dump, rife with drugs, gang culture, and with masses of illiterate and ignorant immigrants with absolutely no regard or understanding of our British way of life and with no intention of ā€œintegratingā€! Even the London accent is disappearing!When I hear a young person from South London speak now, there is no South London accent. It has been replaced with this ā€œstreetā€ accent. This fake, Caribbean, African, Asian blendā€¦y`get me blud, innit?

I got out in 2000 and im glad I did. London used to be a fantastic and vibrant place but now it seems to be a cultural soup kitchen run by the self serving, self regarding, liberal, PC elite who have absolutely NOTHING in common with, or interest in, the true, born and bred Londoners from the last century.

Sorry, this has nothing to do with a war on diesel, just me having a rant about the decline of my home City.

bullitt:
I was born and bred in South London, living there through the 60s,70s,80s and 90s. The last 10 years of that time I saw a huge decline. The area I lived in went from a reasonably nice area with an average mix of cultures and social groups, to a complete (zb) hole! A run down dump, rife with drugs, gang culture, and with masses of illiterate and ignorant immigrants with absolutely no regard or understanding of our British way of life and with no intention of ā€œintegratingā€! Even the London accent is disappearing!When I hear a young person from South London speak now, there is no South London accent. It has been replaced with this ā€œstreetā€ accent. This fake, Caribbean, African, Asian blendā€¦y`get me blud, innit?

I got out in 2000 and im glad I did. London used to be a fantastic and vibrant place but now it seems to be a cultural soup kitchen run by the self serving, self regarding, liberal, PC elite who have absolutely NOTHING in common with, or interest in, the true, born and bred Londoners from the last century.

Sorry, this has nothing to do with a war on diesel, just me having a rant about the decline of my home City.

Ironically the 1960ā€™s/70ā€™s were more about respectful segregation.IE different ethnic groups preferred to live in their own respective areas and it all worked out mostly ok with the choice of mixing if/when we felt like it,including the workplace and keeping our distance if/when we didnā€™t.In which if you went into those areas youā€™d expect to be surrounded by the ā€˜realā€™ Caribbean or Asian language styles but proper estuary English in most of the rest including the outside counties like Essex and Kent etc. :bulb: While what youā€™re describing is actually the results of what happened in areas which tried the large scale integration route and that was often the result in addition to the understandable issue of indigenous flight.Or even just flight from over development and further expansion of London regardless in the fringe and home counties areas.Which as kr says is still going on now even further out into what remains of the surrounding Counties.In which case the key point is all about numbers,distribution and how much population do they intend to put into the place and when do they intend to say enough.

While Iā€™d guess that the issue of London being taken over by a Liberal Elite carrying out a social engineering experiment on a massive scale and increasingly acting like a self serving,self governing enclave.Seems to be the real agenda and this seems like just another example of it in the form of yet another local taxation rip off scam to fund any of its latest political crusades.Nothing to do with just the probably sensible idea of gradually phasing out diesel fuelled vehicles which could be done easily by national government policy with no need for hitting anyone with punitive taxation to do it.

soon the m25 will be the new inner london ring road

Harry Monk:
If he doesnā€™t like London, he could always [zb] off back to where he comes from. :stuck_out_tongue:

Tooting? :laughing: Iā€™d be happy to give him a one way ticket to go furtherā€¦London has been going downhill for years now and I think thatā€™s going to get worse with the Stan influence on politics there. Itā€™s becoming a country within a country.

I was last in London for the BOAT show about fifteen years ago it was bad then ,what can they expect when no plans are made for the large influx of people. MP MR GRAYLING ADVICE TO MASSES WAS NOT TO BUY A DIESLE CAR BECAUSE NEW RULES WILL BE OUT ABOUT THEM