Advice on finding work/running a small fleet

Apologies for the essay.

Firstly let me start off with saying that I have literally NO class 1 experience. I’ve probably driven half a dozen times since passing my class 1 and am still very much in the learner category (can’t reverse to save my life). I’m relatively new to the industry < 3 years - but I have a Manager CPC, an O-license for a couple of vehicles, a decent second-hand wagon and my overheads are very low - around £100 a week for all my insurances and my operating centre. I’m pretty good as a transport manager and can get plenty of work doing that midweek at decent rates - much better than I’d get driving.

I think I’m pretty much set on getting an experienced driver on board during the week, and then doing a bit of pottering myself at the weekends to build my experience (and cash) up a bit.

My objectives:

• Regular income
  • Reasonable rates
  • Local(ish) to South Yorkshire
  • No crappy work - I’d like to keep my driver(s) happy

Any hints / tips from those of you with experience?

Please keep it positive - I’ve had plenty of negative comments and don’t need any more.

£100 pw overheads, lol, in your dreams

Are you small, hairy and of Scandinavian origin ?

Sent from my X17 using Tapatalk

I think you need to look at your standing costs / overheads more as £100 p week is way too low

hubman:
I think you need to look at your standing costs / overheads more as £100 p week is way too low

This.

In my business plan my standing costs, less External TM and any commissions paid to my source of work come out at £272.93 per week and I don’t have utilities to factor in.

chanceman:
Any hints / tips from those of you with experience?

Please keep it positive - I’ve had plenty of negative comments and don’t need any more.

So, “any hints/tips” and no negative comments? . . . . .OK. . . . .

Wake up - obviously asleep & dreaming,

Or in a time warp, and think it is still 1974