Lidl Work

Hello all, have any of you put vehicles into Lidl before/have some in now? How do you find the work easy or messy? Generally the rates now? My uncle had 8 motors in 2 years ago and it was decent he told me but not much in it with new wagons but now I see the likes of DHL & corporate solutions going in with brand new motors and fridges?? Do they only pay the rate for the big boys?

JSingh:
Hello all, have any of you put vehicles into Lidl before/have some in now? How do you find the work easy or messy? Generally the rates now? My uncle had 8 motors in 2 years ago and it was decent he told me but not much in it with new wagons but now I see the likes of DHL & corporate solutions going in with brand new motors and fridges?? Do they only pay the rate for the big boys?

There’s a few threads on here if you do a search but the general consensus is there always looking for sub-contractors for a reason!

You’ll go through lots of drivers, until you find one out that doesn’t mind that type of work would be my thinking. Not very organised and very much a 24/7 operation.

JSingh:

I personally spoke to Lidl about doing some work for them, however, they said that last year they signed main contract with corporate solutions and they are the ones who deal with transport now. That is in Lutterworth depot, can not speak about others,

If your looking at Lidl Wednesbury spoke to them few months ago HR said they are only using agency through Drivers Direct when they open in march.

nearly put 1 into goldthorpe, the nt obe told i need 2 x twin vap fridges and pays £440 per shift :unamused: :laughing: :laughing:

Your bound to be able to negotiate maybe a better rate for lets say been able to put the truck in double shifts 7 days a week, which would be more attractive to them. Or a milage cap per shift. You have to be able to negotiate if you want to be in business, lets face it any1 on this site can buy a truck an sub contract which is why the rates tend to be poor.