Transport Manager needed

Hi all

I’m looking for a Transport Manager to put one truck on his “O” licence for a short period.

Thanks in advance

Er, NO.

it will be fine, no ones ever going to know, happens all the time that’s why the rates are rubbish, even so an eastern European will be cheaper,

Oh go on then, how much are you offering? :smiley:

Harry Monk:

Hi there Harry.

You first. What’s you price? Everybody’s got a price :slight_smile:

PM if you like.

I think fine + loss of O license + loss of good repute + loss of profit over next 10 years + wages whilst training for another career.

Call it a million.

albion:
I think fine + loss of O license + loss of good repute + loss of profit over next 10 years + wages whilst training for another career.

Call it a million.

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

where you located and how many vehicles do you have?

himenator:

Harry Monk:

Hi there Harry.

PM if you like.

Being serious for a moment, I wouldn’t put a third party’s vehicles on my O licence, that is just asking for trouble. I have been asked to do this more than once and have always declined.

I might consider selling my limited company, which would include the O licence, if I could do it 100% legally and then completely walk away. The problem I foresee is that anybody wanting to go down that route would probably have a bit of a chequered history with the TC, would not be financially sound and it would almost certainly all end up in “tears before bedtime”. :wink:

Harry Monk:

himenator:

Harry Monk:

Hi there Harry.

PM if you like.

Being serious for a moment, I wouldn’t put a third party’s vehicles on my O licence, that is just asking for trouble. I have been asked to do this more than once and have always declined.

I might consider selling my limited company, which would include the O licence, if I could do it 100% legally and then completely walk away. The problem I foresee is that anybody wanting to go down that route would probably have a bit of a chequered history with the TC, would not be financially sound and it would almost certainly all end up in “tears before bedtime”. :wink:

You right there Harry.

My story is that, I had the cpc exam on december 16 and I only pass r1. Actually r1 was the one I was afraid off. I rebooked the exam for March 3rd and, as we all know how long we have to wait for “O” License to be issued, I only wanted to get me going and then change the “O” License on my name. Of course, I planned to pass r2 this time. So I have no bad history whatsoever with TC as a manager or with VOSA as a driver.

This is illegal although you can put a transport manager on your licence and go that way if you have a licence but you won’t get anybody that will borrow you their o licence

I’m available

How much for your limited co?

pm me

I could provide someone with External Transport Manager services however wouldn’t take someone onto my license…

hAve:
I could provide someone with External Transport Manager services however wouldn’t take someone onto my license…

This is the way to do it put someone on your O-Licence.

I’m new to this, doing my TM CPC at the same time as you himenator so am also looking at other TMs in the area. Even if I pass first time I think it would be money well spent to put an experienced TM on my O-Licence for the first year at least and shadow him to learn the job properly.

I am assuming that the TM CPC is somewhat similar to taking your class 1 in that it will give you the knowledge you need to do the job, but not necessarily the knowledge of how to do it. I figure the TC would look more kindly on the application of an operator that has experienced help on board and shows that he knows he is still learning.

You then also get the benefit of using their knowledge and experience to boost your companies reputation and your OCRS score rather than taking the risk that you will both be prosecuted or at least do damage to their OCRS and reputation.

Even if I pass first time I think it would be money well spent to put an experienced TM on my O-Licence for the first year at least and shadow him to learn the job properly.

A brilliant attitude, no established firm would take a new CPC pass as their sole TM.

Hello,
I am also looking for a transport manager for my O licence for one truck. Please PM me if anyone is interested, I’m based in West Sussex

Best Regards Alex

I’m a TM with a bit of time free. E-mail me if you want to discuss.