Tracking systems

Good day fellow truckers, i was wondering if i could get some advice. I need to get some tracking gear and currently thinking of either Ram tracking or Quartix. Was wondering if any of you operators had real world working knowledge of either of these systems and how effective they are. Cheers in advance

Competitive Tracking Ltd - Tim Birkinshaw - 0845 458 5628 - competitivetracking.co.uk

Brilliant backup, cracking lad, very helpful and very good kit… :wink:

I’ve used ram tracking for 4 years now. It is more comprehensive then quartix. Also the timeline function shows at a glance what the trucks been doing, if you’re used to looking at digital tacho traces you’ll find it very quick and easy to use. Wouldn’t move to another system which is why I re-signed after year 3.

Our lot use Tom Tom. It can show to within inches where the truck has been, and tracks in real time. It can also be linked to the tacho so they can see what our hours are, when we have had a break etc.

Ken.

If you already use tachomaster they do do their own called falcon & it will show you were the infrigments happened & where they stopped for breaks

Lets have think now.
I wonder why so many companies, unless they’re offering top teir pay and conditions, might be finding recruiting new blood difficult and the old school vanishing at an alarming rate, any ideas?

Movolytics , seems to work quite well .

Juddian:
Lets have think now.
I wonder why so many companies, unless they’re offering top teir pay and conditions, might be finding recruiting new blood difficult and the old school vanishing at an alarming rate, any ideas?

That’s exactly what I thought while I was reading it :laughing: . Who wants to work 60+ hours per week for an average wage and all that stuff ^^^^^^^^ and telematics :unamused:

pinpointers mate price is great as well :grimacing:

What do they all charge for the service?

Might be too late now but I can recommend Trakman (Stoke). The system is reliable and also links into our tachos. Reads the card to display that shifts mode times and will download the tacho head once a week saving you having to use a download device. Mapping is google maps so very familiar.