FORS

nyk473l:

nsmith1180:

Muckaway:
Director of Thompson bodies told me the rear and side underruns add around 250kg plus the Euro 6 system another 250kg.

Starts getting to the point where you are better off running an artic with a rear steer trailer I’m guessing? Almost as maneuverable and with the right unit and trailer you are looking at a 29t capacity and things like underruns and E6 as standard. Its also a lot easier to upgrade your Euro standard as restrictions change, all you do is grab a new unit.

It’s the costs that get me.

One vehicle fleets pay 450 a year for audits etc at bronze. Plus you are looking at £2500 to kit the bugger out with beepers and cameras and stickers. And of course if you’ve already got all your drivers current on DCPC, or even ahead of time, then you have to pay the extra for a cycle awareness course too, which normally you wouldn’t need to pay for. You are looking at over a grand a year per vehicle to keep to the standard if you run units on a five year lifecycle.

If you are a FORS member, then they will cover the cost of a CPC cycle awareness course. All you have to pay is the upload fee. There are also other CPC training courses provided free of charge by them as well.

Ahhh. Didn’t know that. Still too expensive though just on kit requirements and audit fees.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk