Mercedes Actros Gearbox

Hello all, do any of you run a Mercedes Actros 2545 Euro 6? I’ve had mine for 2 years now and find that the gearbox response is slow when at a roundabout and trying to get off also when selecting gear it’s takes a few seconds getting it in gear it’s like it’s trying to get in a few times and then goes in like 3rd time if you know what I mean. I just wanted to know if you guys have the same problem if it’s common or whether I should get it looked at, maybe the gearbox needs a change of oil? I don’t know, your thoughts and suggestions are much appreciated

It’s fly by wire.
At lights hand break that should bring it to gear quicker.
Boot it and you confuse it.
Approach junctions, roundabouts etc dropping to 8th ,use the paddle to drop it from 9th.
Smooth acceleration always,
At 1500 rpm paddle up to change up a gear , it’ll remember that and do it again,.
Teach the truck what you want.

Sounds about right for an automatic! I swap between 4 actros’s and they all do the same. Also when i used to drive class 2 i drove many auto DAF trucks and they were exactly the same…

thanks nick2008 I guess its down to how its driven. these trucks are getting smarter if you can teach them how to act at roundabouts etc.

thanks bristoltruck3r I’ve heard the same from other drivers of Mercedes but then again some have said they’ve had no problems and running really smoothly

I had the displeasure of driving a 15 plate hactros this week.
Shook me to death and gearbox was dreadful…
I hope never to be forced into it ever again .

Wait till the bugger locks in gear due to low air shift pressure.
The bloody things are a total disaster.
And even if you have the “special” tool to knock it out of gear and the syncros are under load you aint got a chance.

Then you pull the half shaft so you can start it in gear to build its air.
Then the stupid bloody ECU counts diff rotation and engages diff lock and stalls .So one night thought instead of pulling the half shaft just wind the spring brake off and jack up the axle so the wheel could rotate and build air.
WRONG.
Wheel rotated for a few seconds then stupid [zb] diff lock engaged and spit the jack out.
Best way is wind off both spring brakes on rear,jack up the axle ,release loading on gearbox syncros and shift it in to neutral,then start the piece of crap to build up the air.Who “designed” this crap.
Sorry about the spelling of “whind wyind wind” etc not quite sure of its root.
Bloody hard word to spell maybe wined? and dined?

JSingh:
thanks nick2008 I guess its down to how its driven. these trucks are getting smarter if you can teach them how to act at roundabouts etc.

thanks bristoltruck3r I’ve heard the same from other drivers of Mercedes but then again some have said they’ve had no problems and running really smoothly

So how you getting on with it , any better?

No major difference still stutters a bit, wish I could reset its ‘memory’ so it can be taught again how to drive!!

Don’t retrach the gearbox. The ecu does a clutch count and if your clutch is anyway worn it wil start to misbehave the only solution then is clutch replacement. I learnt this the hard way.