Daf cf 85 problem

Hi lads

I have a Daf cf85 with a accelerator problem, when I start it in the morning it will run at increased idle speed 1000 rpm. I’ve changed the pedal sensor and checked the wiring to the ecu and it shows continuity and zero resistance. When the truck warms up it’s seems to help as it doesn’t do it as much. Also sometimes when driving it drops down to idle when driving and a warning light comes on but if release the accelerator pedal it clears and works normal again. Any help would be appreciated

Have you checked to see if the wires are shortening to earth…As many will tell you check the loom where it bends when the cab tilts ,that is where it generally fails …The 1000 rpm is a default

norb:
Have you checked to see if the wires are shortening to earth…As many will tell you check the loom where it bends when the cab tilts ,that is where it generally fails …The 1000 rpm is a default

Well worth mending even if it’s not broke ,I made new loom carrier brackets for mine on the nr side and padded them out with rubber .

Punchy Dan:

norb:

Well worth mending even if it’s not broke ,I made new loom carrier brackets for mine on the nr side and padded them out with rubber .

Certainly might help but you can’t escape the quality of the wire they used being utter crap.

have a 2010 Daf Cf 85/360 ( Ex Gist )

When I bought it the handbrake wiring was faulty as the audible “handbrake not applied” would play when you opened the door regardless if handbrake was on/off

Anyway I disconnected the wiring and it stopped.

When I put it on the road I noticed the cruise control didnt work and the dash flashed up Central control unit fault. Although the backlighting on the steering wheel does flash on at times in a regular patters on for 1 sec off for 5 secs etc etc

Then the interior lights stopped working and the exhaust warning flashes up intermittenly on the screen ( no exhaust yellow lamp though) saying that I have had a ad-blue box fitted.

Changed the oil last weekend and when cab tipped noticed interior lights back working and still working a week later

Thought the handbrake switch might be linked to cruise control so today stripped dash and its somehow connected but the warning no longer sounds although you do get a dash ring warning and the display flashes something up,

codes showing are U1179
P0570
P0569
P0565
P0567

Just dont know where to start !!!

Andy

Do you know theres a switch to totally switch off all the interior lights not a lot of people know that? the left hand front interior light works only by pushing the lens itsefl, even less people people know that :smiley:
Handbrake audible voice alarm is an option iIRC
The door switch could be causing both of the above issues.
The lights flashing on the Steering Wheel Switches SWS is normally a sign the clock spring is dead/dying.

Exhaust warning could literally be anything, best bet there is to get Davie plugged in the tech can also test the SWS for you, well worth pulling the large wiring plug off the bottom of the Bosch ad-blue pump ecu/pump unit and checking for corrosion, there is a little mesh filter in the bottom of the module inside the pipe fitting labelled as Ad-blue In (cast into the alloy housing), any of the suprseal plugs located just below the chassis rail on the back of the scr cat, can get water in causing grief, theres also two more superseal plugs behind or alongside the battery box, nox sensors die randomly, the dosing module could be the older type if its not been modded, look at the bottom of it (located by osf drop wing) if the large stainless nut/fitting has two flats its the old type and all that is just the tip of the iceberg!

Andy …your steering wheel switches are ■■■■■ :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

and that should fix your cruise control

norb:
Andy …your steering wheel switches are [zb] :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

and that should fix your cruise control

many thanks

I have another 2007 stood here for now how do you remove and are they easily swopped ?

Thanks again for your reply Andy

5min job pull off cover, a couple of screws ,and a couple of plugs…I cant guarantee that your other ones are compatible ,as all Manufactures change software etc ,there should be a part number stamped on them

norb:
5min job pull off cover, a couple of screws ,and a couple of plugs…I cant guarantee that your other ones are compatible ,as all Manufactures change software etc ,there should be a part number stamped on them

Thanks a million - The 2007 part did indeed have a differen
t part number but looked identical -swopped it and the warning lights have gone !!! RESULT Thanks again Andy

No problem…Wish I was this good when actually at work :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: