Abbey Logistics

I see they have just taken the British Sugar Contract that Suttons gave up voluntarily,considering the capital investment required on these big jobs you wonder if they are worthwhile,or is it just extra turnover to assist with overheads.Abbey has been bought by the management recently so they have there funders to satisfy.

Abbey Logistics Group

HGV Class 1 drivers, required for bulk liquid tanker work, based in Hull.(Non hazardous).
3-5 Nights out per week .
Liquid Tanker experience preferred but not essential as full training will be given to suitable applicants.
No more than 6 penalty points on driving licence. No DR or IN convictions.
Will be carrying out a variety of liquid tanker duties across Nationwide delivery and collection points.
Successful applicants must be prepared to undertake company training.
The successful applicants will predominately work Monday to Friday but will be required to work a Saturday every 2nd week.
Therefore 6 days one week 5 days the next.
Only people that are looking to secure long term employment need apply.
Strictly no agencies.
To apply please call Dave Mountford on 07832255884 between 8am and 17.30 Monday to Friday

There advertising for jobs on indeed website again. They offered me a job and gave me a start date. I did some digging around on here n thought what they was offering was to good to be true. Said I was on £9 a hour but I could work 15 hours a day if I used my breaks and poa right as at some places you could be waiting around for hours. The thing that got me was if I left within a year they take back there “training money”. That could be between 1 and 3k.

They were recently wanting powder tank man at Buxton, I presume it’s working for Lhoist but can’t say as I rang up 3 times and the recruitment manager, that Dave Mountford was away each time and never got a call back. Anyone know what they pay out of interest?

Suttons seem to have struggled with the BSC contract ever since they took it from Turners, it is a very demanding contract in terms of service levels required, with penalties imposed for late or failed deliveries, but it was lucrative back in the day if it was managed properly. Abbey will take on the Suttons BSC drivers under TUPE and agree a price with them for the equipment. Abbey have a big job on their hands with this contract and it will be a sharp learning curve for them.

I start with Abbey on 14th November. Got a week away training then back to Hull for a week with someone learning the job.
Wages seem pretty good considering it’s in Hull.
Can be away all week if you like or one or two nights a week. They’re flexible. I personally don’t want to be away all week but I’m ok with one or two nights. Might even do 4 on 4 off after Christmas with and extra day on here and there. But that depends on wages and if they still want me to.
Looking forward to it and hoping to be there for the foreseeable future.
Worked for some cowboy outfits in Hull and surrounding areas but Abbey seem to know what they’re doing.
Never done tankers before but they were fine with that as the training looks as though it covers everything and more! Plus 2 days towards CPC.
If you’d like any more info I’ll find out what I can.